Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A to GC - Do I need an Immigration lawyer?

L1A to GC - Do I need an Immigration lawyer?

Old May 3rd 2012, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

janette is on a distinguished road
Default Re: L1A to GC - Do I need an Immigration lawyer?

I filed for green cards for myself and husband without a lawyer but the difference seems to be that it was my own company. I didn't need information from anyone else and don't know how that would be accomplished. This was purely because my experience with a lawyer had been so bad (the solicitor's company gave me my money back because they agreed with me) that I decided I couldnt do a worse job. It was from an L1A that I also did myself but I am not necessarily recommending this course of action for anyone else, just saying it is possible.
Old May 4th 2012, 2:10 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A to GC - Do I need an Immigration lawyer?

You may want to contact J Craig Fong at www.fongandchun.com.

The application is not just a matter of two forms -- it is the backing information. For some reason, there is a commonly held misconception that if the L-1A has been approved, the subsequent EB-1 I-140 is pretty much automatic. This is not true. In fact, when I was in practice, I saw more than one instance that the subsequent I-140 was denied, but that it lead to revocation of the original I-129L petition.