L140 Approved - is that it???

Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L140 Approved - is that it???

Hi all, so I've just seen that My Case Status online has been changed to:
"Post Decision Activity
On September 15, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Does that mean my Green card it approved now? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:22 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L140 Approved - is that it???

Originally Posted by EnglishJon
Does that mean my Green card it approved now? Thanks in advance.
No.

At least, not unless the I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status was filed concurrently with the I-140 petition. If the I-485 was filed concurrently, then let us HOPE that you will NOT be called in for an interview and that your adjustment to LPR status will follow shortly -- if your priority date is current.

If the I-485 has NOT been filed yet, then you must get your attorney -- or you can choose to DIY it, I suppose -- to fill out the I-485 and all related forms and provide supporting documentation.

Congratulations on the approval of your petition.

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything was filed concurrently.Thanks for the reply. I'll reply back with what the letter says - when it comes.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EnglishJon
Everything was filed concurrently.Thanks for the reply. I'll reply back with what the letter says - when it comes.
It is normal for the 140 to be approved first, don't worry.

I also filed concurrently and my 485 was approved about 5 weeks after the 140.

That included 2 weeks to respond to an RFE (for the long version of my birth certificate) so it should be quicker if you don't get an RFE.

You're not done until the 485 is approved.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

annieslp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi EnglishJon,

Hope you dont mind me asking...when did your I140 go in? Mine is pending at the moment.

I have also heard that my sponsor is contemplating pulling the plug on my application (but they JUST (on Thurs) paid for premium processing)... I am devestated

Congrats on I140 approval

annieslp
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by annieslp
Hi EnglishJon,

Hope you dont mind me asking...when did your I140 go in? Mine is pending at the moment.

I have also heard that my sponsor is contemplating pulling the plug on my application (but they JUST (on Thurs) paid for premium processing)... I am devestated

Congrats on I140 approval

annieslp
With premium processing, I-140 approval is taking 1-2 weeks (see trackitt.com)

Why are they thinking of pulling the plug at this stage? Once the I-140 is approved you don't really need any more help from them.

Make sure they don't withdraw the I-140 petition.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

The Attorney is saying that they will not pull out before decision made on I140. The Attorney will not discuss my future with me alone. Wants a conference call on Thursday.

I have tried to research the implications on the internet but with so many conflicting opinions I guess I won't sleep till Thursday. Been here 4 yrs on H1b, almost completely broke and am so confused at their threat to pull out at this late stage....I am praying that they simply want me to cover the costs of the final stage...

Thanks for your reply and sorry Englishjon for kinda hijacking your thread.

annie

Last edited by annieslp; Sep 20th 2010 at 10:10 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annieslp
Hi there,

The Attorney is saying that they will not pull out before decision made on I140. The Attorney will not discuss my future with me alone. Wants a conference call on Thursday.

I have tried to research the implications on the internet but with so many conflicting opinions I guess I won't sleep till Thursday. Been here 4 yrs on H1b, almost completely broke and am so confused at their threat to pull out at this late stage....I am praying that they simply want me to cover the costs of the final stage...

Thanks for your reply and sorry Englishjon for kinda hijacking your thread.

annie
Your confusion is totally understandable.

The client for the I-140 is your employer, not you, so it makes sense that the attorney won't discuss it with you.

You shouldn't have to wait long for the I-140 decision. Once that's done it's just a case of filing the I-485 which you can do yourself. Everything will be fine as long as you're still in your job when the I-485 case is decided (1-2 months from filing) and as long as your employer doesn't withdraw the I-140 petition.

An approved I-140 is transferable to a new employer if the job is more or less the same and if you've been waiting 180 days or more since filing the I-485. You must be in the new job at the time the I-485 case is adjudicated...

http://immigrationroad.com/green-car...hange-jobs.php

I assume you didn't file I-485 concurrently with I-140?

Are you EB2 or EB3?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi David,

I am not working for the sponsor at this time. No concurrent filing. I am a Speech Therapist.

Thanks for the link. EB2 application.

annieslp
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Clarki is an unknown quantity at this point

My 140 was approved very close to my 485. I hope it all comes through for you! And soon - its a nerve wracking wait
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Hey all,

I ended up having to go to a different employer who agreed to file EB2 for me. I just received approval of I-140 (we paid for premium processing ourselves). This Attorney wrote a letter detailing the fact that I had (almost a year ago) been approved for I-140....

We are now getting photos and providing notorized copies of documentation for filing of I-485..

Been on H1B in States for 5 yrs...

Annie