L1 Visa for Single Person Company

Old Apr 19th 2014, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1 Visa for Single Person Company

Originally Posted by Noorah101
How many people does it employ?

Rene
It employs my father - company secretary, a law firm, an accounting firm, various property maintenance contractors and myself. I had a PT assistant but she found a full time job so may need to get another one.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Is that all the UK side of the business will be doing? Receiving mail? In order to get an L visa, you will need to keep both branches of the company up and running...the UK side and the US side. If the only thing the UK branch is doing is receiving mail (the kind of mail anyone's mom can open), then it doesn't sound like it's a very viable, thriving, UK business.

Rene
Yes this is all that will be required of the UK business opening of mail which can then be actioned anywhere. The UK company which has been running for over 10years manages a £3M property portfolio. I consider it viable despite appearing relatively passive on the face of it.

New business in the US will be building homes and other ancilliary businesses. 2500sf 4 unit office premises has been purchased along with 8 building plots. Most workers will be building contractors but hope to open a juice bar and co working/mail forwarding space that will have permanent staff.

Last edited by 411; Apr 19th 2014 at 10:04 am. Reason: Extra info