Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1 VISA Renewal - Any idea of time needed?

L1 VISA Renewal - Any idea of time needed?

Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:07 pm
The Hamburgler Incarnate!

Karlosthecackle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1 VISA Renewal - Any idea of time needed?

Thanks for the reply Millski.

I reached out to the company immigration lawyers and they confirmed that we could have gone this route, however they would have needed to file an individual petition for me and that currently there is a 25% reject rate right now. As I'm on a blanket, their advice would be to go back to the UK and go through the embassy process again.

I had to google the I-797 and realized what it was when i saw a picture of it. For sure, the immigration lawyers are sending me this plus two copies of my I-129 form to take with me to the interview.

I don't have a problem with it, the firm is paying and i get a week back in Blighty to stock up on Cabury's, Oxo's and tea bags.

Last edited by Karlosthecackle; Oct 12th 2017 at 7:10 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Millski is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. One point to note though is once you hand over your passport after the interview you're pretty much stranded until it's returned....I would be prepared for it to take longer than a week, particularly if you don't visit the Embassy right at the beginning of your trip.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Millski
Best of luck, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. One point to note though is once you hand over your passport after the interview you're pretty much stranded until it's returned....I would be prepared for it to take longer than a week, particularly if you don't visit the Embassy right at the beginning of your trip.
Yeah the embassy is stating anywhere between 3 and 5 days. I'm flying in on a Sunday, interview is Monday and then i'm staying at my parents until the following saturday when my return flight is booked. If i haven't received my passport by then i'll have to move my return flight :S
Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Karlosthecackle
Yeah the embassy is stating anywhere between 3 and 5 days. I'm flying in on a Sunday, interview is Monday and then i'm staying at my parents until the following saturday when my return flight is booked. If i haven't received my passport by then i'll have to move my return flight :S
FYI
quickest for us
Interview Tuesday, we picked up Friday-Toronto(2015)

Slowest
Interview Tuesday, was ready for us to pick up following Tuesday-London(2016)
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fred16
FYI
quickest for us
Interview Tuesday, we picked up Friday-Toronto(2015)

Slowest
Interview Tuesday, was ready for us to pick up following Tuesday-London(2016)
Thanks for the heads up Fred. Will be going to Toronto with my girlfriend in Feb to renew her L1 and was planning on staying there until it's ready for pick up