British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   L1 visa interview timescales (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/l1-visa-interview-timescales-938426/)

spcwnr Mar 9th 2022 8:33 am

Re: L1 visa interview timescales

I applied for L1A last week, and system showed to 'Dropbox' with DX courier as I have stayed previously in US f for good amount on H1B. Good history of travelling, so was confident L1A will be approved after current stay of couple of years in UK.

Got status as ‘Refused’ and trying to understand is the reasonthey want me to come for 'in-person' interview ? Did anyone else faced the similar issue.
Trying to gauge what went wrong.

Still waiting on passport thus don’t know why exactly why it was denied.

tht Mar 9th 2022 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by spcwnr (Post 13100108)
I applied for L1A last week, and system showed to 'Dropbox' with DX courier as I have stayed previously in US f for good amount on H1B. Good history of travelling, so was confident L1A will be approved after current stay of couple of years in UK.

Got status as ‘Refused’ and trying to understand is the reasonthey want me to come for 'in-person' interview ? Did anyone else faced the similar issue.
Trying to gauge what went wrong.

Still waiting on passport thus don’t know why exactly why it was denied.

you are not normally asked for the passport until it is approved. Either you are approved at interview and leave it or are asked to send it after. Is this a blanket L?

spcwnr Mar 10th 2022 5:09 am

Originally Posted by tht (Post 13100235)
you are not normally asked for the passport until it is approved. Either you are approved at interview and leave it or are asked to send it after. Is this a blanket L?

yes, blanket L

spcwnr Mar 11th 2022 2:21 pm

Wish I had come to this page earlier.

Visa appointment system has an issue, all L1A Blanket need in-person appointment and should not use 'Dropbox'.
221(g) will be issued, and then you need to make appointment for interview.

BrooklynBased Apr 5th 2022 3:31 pm

Just wanted to give info in case anyone has an interview soon. Mine was to extend my existing L1A. My appointment was March 22nd, all went fine but I have not heard anything since (2 weeks). Still says administrative processing when i check my DS160 status. So if anyone is planning to come over and do the same, I would book a very flexible flight!

ash1212 Apr 18th 2022 2:01 pm

Update from my L1A - interview was over in 5 minutes but they did need my wife there (L2 visa) whereas the previous emails stated she was not required. Passport sent back with the visa in 2 days!

porkedpie Apr 22nd 2022 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ash1212 (Post 13108403)
Update from my L1A - interview was over in 5 minutes but they did need my wife there (L2 visa) whereas the previous emails stated she was not required. Passport sent back with the visa in 2 days!

What was the lead time to actually get the interview booked? State Dept website says 75 days at the moment.

Yadame Apr 29th 2022 12:01 am

Originally Posted by ash1212 (Post 13108403)

Yes i think their auto message when booking for interview is not correct as they say not to bring dependent (who have been in US before and i guess ten printed) but the L2 dependents are actually are needed for the interview. I had to clarify through the enquiry form before the interview date after reading some of the post here's that said interview was required rather than documents drop. My wait time was 2 months between booking and L1 interview (booked in Feb and interview was in April 2022). Interview was very brief and pleasant and got our passports in 3 working days. They won't allow you to join the security queue if you arrive more than 30 mins earlier. But is well organised operation they have in the new embassy building compared with their previous premises.