L1 sponsoring companies in UK

Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Nancy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1 sponsoring companies in UK

Hello All,

We are interested in moving to the US and I have been following this forum for a long time now.

I work as a Data Analyst in London and I will appreciate if people who have successfully moved to the US on L1A or L1B in the past. Can they please suggest which companies are willing to relocate their employees? I understand a lot depend on your performance and the network you build.

Many Thanks!! : )
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1 sponsoring companies in UK

Originally Posted by Nancy2
Hello All,

We are interested in moving to the US and I have been following this forum for a long time now.

I work as a Data Analyst in London and I will appreciate if people who have successfully moved to the US on L1A or L1B in the past. Can they please suggest which companies are willing to relocate their employees? I understand a lot depend on your performance and the network you build.

I think it would be an impossible task to create such a list. And, what someone else did in their job in order to get a transfer, might not match what you do in your job.

Your best bet is to start networking with people in your field, and seek out those companies you might be interested in working for, which have offices in the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

There's no definitive answer to this question. It depends too much on personal circumstances. After all a transfer can cost the company a lot of money so they need to have a supportable business case for doing it

Generally though, large organizations with offices in both countries.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I work as a Data Analyst in London...
Are you any good at your job?

Can they please suggest which companies are willing to relocate their employees?
I'm guessing you've already determined that your company is not one of those.

Ian
Old Mar 6th 2013, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Hello All,

US investment banks based in the UK will often offer a route to the US (usually New York). I know of a number of people who have ended up moving across after a few years.

There is no quick solution to this.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ford - Father
Price Waterhouse - Brother
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Ford - Father
Price Waterhouse - Brother
PWC (Coopers&Lybrand)...husband.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If we're not going for any context of niche skills/seniority/year.

Friends have gotten transferred via -

Disney
Microsoft
EA

Sophos - offered but friend turned it down
Dassault Systemes - ditto
Adobe - friend quit to move to another company instead (the transfer was to save a redundancy)

Spouse of friend -

Google

Of the friends, didn't last long, all got laid off, except one chap who hated it, quit and moved back after a year.

Know plenty of other acquaintances that got moved about too, but don't know them well enough to be sure they were company transfers, but most in the media industry.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Friends got transferred over with Rolls Royce and Eli Lilly. They are very advanced in their fields and have BSc, MSc and one has a PHD.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:32 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

Most blue-chip banks, international law firms, Big4 professional services firms, global IT providers, private equity houses and large corporates use the L1A route. Such programs either fall under global mobility-type programs or are simply driven by business need.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:33 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

You never know who could be a potential sponsoring company. We moved over here after my hubby took a job at a small games studio, employed around 30 people, they had 5 customers, 1 of which is one of the biggest companies in the world, they bought the company 6 months later, and another year later we relocated to LA.