L1/L2 Renewal

Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Re: L1/L2 Renewal

Originally Posted by Fred16
I blundered with my L1 renewal. It expired in Oct2009 and I had the extension. Spoke with work immigration team saying I was going to Toronto for few days do I need to do anything.

No

Returned from Toroapplication pending fromno issue

False sense of security

Went to London for few days and got into trouble on my return

I said to POE, how come was not issue when in Canada

Answer, Canada for short time does not count,
Outside Canada and Mexico does

Had an expired visa since 2010, but with extensions

Explain that
Was in and out of London Embassy today in 35 mins with a new visa. Only question, was... have you not been outside US since 2009.Yes England 2010. Response visa approved. This was for L2 and they know i am already working, have EAD application pending from when my own H1 expired.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: ignorance can be cured; stupidity is forever. We all have the opportunity (or obligation, perhaps) to ease ignorance! Sadly, as you've probably noted for yourself, when managers are ignorant - they get other people to do stuff for them, rather than actually learn about the issues themselves.

Ian
Very true.

And if the people they get to do these things for them are the same people each time, and actually remembered/learned for next time...

As you say, ignorance is curable, stupidity not so much. I fear I have some coworkers who are not in the first category...

Ho hum - new USCIS email now says the cards are in the post via UPS and gave a tracking number!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:27 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

To follow-up on my prior post, we renewed in Nassau this week.
Apart from the pleasant weather, I would note the following:

1. Appointments are quite limited. Aim for 0700.
2. Collection at 1430 next day
3. Visa fees for a family of 4 were $1,075 and they don't take cards or personal checks. I had to get cash

Otherwise, all good.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Why on earth are you paying so much to have your taxes done? That's 5x what we pay
Can you PM me the name of your tax accountant then please ?

I presume you have both UK and US income, investment, assets, stocks, etc, pensions, etc ?

Ernst & Young did my taxes last year paid for by the company. They have quoted me $4500 for the US return, $3700 for the UK return, the same amount they charged the company. But that was only a year 1 benefit.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlake02

I presume you have both UK and US income, investment, assets, stocks, etc, pensions, etc ?

Ernst & Young did my taxes last year paid for by the company. They have quoted me $4500 for the US return, $3700 for the UK return, the same amount they charged the company. But that was only a year 1 benefit.
Bloody Hell
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:42 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlake02

I would suggest you get on to a small tax company. I would PM you the details, but he is a friend of a friend, and I'm not sure either of them would thank me for passing you on as a client.

And yes, we have all those things.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond reputedlake02 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, people know this when they start the process. If they want the visa, these are the restrictions. It may be the Land of the Free, but there's a price for that freedom! If someone doesn't want to pay the price, they can stay where they are!

Shit... if you had asked, we could have told you that. Americans, by and large, really don't want foreigners here!

Your post is a lot more tame than some I've made over the years!

Ian
Ha ! Thank you. I thought I had offended people too much. I had REALLY hoped that moving here would cause me to re-think my prejudices and stereotypical view of Americans, but much to my own personal displeasure, they are all being reinforced.

I have no beef with the UK or Europe - I am here purely to provide my viewpoint and to influence the company I work for. I am part of the Chief Strategy Team so very open discussions, new ways of doing things, ensuring in a multi-national company we don't fall into Not Invented Here syndrome. The US is just another country, nothing exceptionally good, nothing exceptionally bad. Offers a similar quality of life as anywhere else I'd care to live.

But, the MAJORITY of immigrants, at least in this area, are really coming here purely as economic and social migrants. They will accept restrictive visas, crazy bureaucracy and negative attitudes towards immigrants simply because it is a heap better than the sh*t hole they come from.

Surely that is the WRONG way to build a country ? If you really are for liberty and justice "for all" then is has to be FOR ALL.

Quoting a line from a song:

"freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all."
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N1cky
I would suggest you get on to a small tax company. I would PM you the details, but he is a friend of a friend, and I'm not sure either of them would thank me for passing you on as a client.

And yes, we have all those things.
OK - but at least you've told me I've been over-quoted....

Thank you.