L1-A/L2 to Green Card

Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

emiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really nice
Default L1-A/L2 to Green Card

Dear all,

Quick question re the process for GC application. I am currently on an L1-A with my OH on an L2 with EAD.

How do I go about getting sponsorship of the GC application for both me and my husband through my company? Is it automatic or something I would need to negotiate with them due to extended costs for two of us?

Thanks for the advice
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1-A/L2 to Green Card

Originally Posted by emiwar
Dear all,

Quick question re the process for GC application. I am currently on an L1-A with my OH on an L2 with EAD.

How do I go about getting sponsorship of the GC application for both me and my husband through my company? Is it automatic or something I would need to negotiate with them due to extended costs for two of us?

Thanks for the advice
Yes, your company has to agree to sponsor you. Usually it's better to get this in writing with a timeline before you come over, but hindsight is a wonderful thing
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

emiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really nice

Thanks Lisa, I have it stipulated in my contract that they will sponsor me. But need to know how to go through the process for my OH too. Of course would want us to both apply at the same time.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emiwar
Thanks Lisa, I have it stipulated in my contract that they will sponsor me. But need to know how to go through the process for my OH too. Of course would want us to both apply at the same time.
The company will handle both green card applications.

Rene