L1 a & L2 Blanket Visa journey

Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Walkerhome is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up L1 a & L2 Blanket Visa journey

Thought i would let you know of our Visa journey....

19th June Petition submitted ( blanket)
22nd June advised the papers are on the way from our company in the US.
25th June called the embassy for appointment
6th July visa approved.

I totally tore myself to shreds over the DS160 submission - trust me it takes longer than 20 mins!

Our appointment was at 08:30 in the morning.
Arrived at the embassy at 08:30( by the skin of our teeth, due to my teenager insisting she needed to self tan before she went and my husbands blase attitude to public transport)
We joined the queue - It poured with rain for the whole 30 mins that we queued .
1st security check and i was advised that i hadnt printed off all the receipts OOOPS.
2nd security check had to put belts and mobile phone in tray to be xrayed.
3rd point reception - advised i forgot to print off all receipts OOPS AGAIN.
5 mins called to the desk of the first officer who again told me i had forgotten to print off all the receipts ( he must have caught my deflated look and my husbands scowl at me as he kindly asked an admin to print them off )
Had to wait whilst they printed them off - 10 mins.
Called to the booth to be interviewed by the US Officer (first day in new post) - asked my husband what he will be doing in Austin - asked me how long i had been married - asked my teenager if my husband was her dad. He then advised that he had approved the visas.

A Very Happy family left the embassy - Very large glass of wine that evening

Just been advised that visas will be with us in the morning.

And now the fun begins
Old Jul 12th 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Markoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant future
Default Re: L1 a & L2 Blanket Visa journey

Thanks for this. Its stories like this that allay the fears somewhat.

We're due to go to the embassy on Thursday for our interviews and both my wife and I are definately a lot more nervous than we thought we would be.

Good luck in your move, hopefully, we'll have a similar tale on Thursday afternoon.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 2:26 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: L1 a & L2 Blanket Visa journey

Originally Posted by Markoncarp
Thanks for this. Its stories like this that allay the fears somewhat.

We're due to go to the embassy on Thursday for our interviews and both my wife and I are definately a lot more nervous than we thought we would be.

Good luck in your move, hopefully, we'll have a similar tale on Thursday afternoon.
I too will be at the embassy Thursday for my L1 / L2 Visa interviews...

Path so far:

16th June - married
3rd July - Offer letter received from Charlotte, USA
4th July - Back from honeymoon
6th July - Signed offer letter
9th July - called for embassy appointment
13th July - I797 / I129s arrive from US co. attorney
18th July - Wife gets new passport
19th July - visa interview