Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1 to Green Card + Job change + Baby ???

Wikiposts

L1 to Green Card + Job change + Baby ???

Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:13 am
Just Joined

rwb3xb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1 to Green Card + Job change + Baby ???

Hello

I have been in the US for 4 Years with my wife and son.

I came over on an L1 company transfer visa; my wife and son are L2. My companies lawyers added a 2 year extension to our original 3 year L visas last year and they are due to expire in Aug '07.

My problem is that in order to apply for my Green Card for me, my company would like me to relocate to head office and take up another position within the company. I am reluctant to relocate as my wife is pregnant and I am considering trying to find another job to avoid the relocation.

How easy would this be on an L1 visa?
What would this other company need to do?
Can I apply for GC on my own and name another company?
What difference would be made to my status, or my wife’s, when the new baby is born in the USA in Feb?

Any help would be appreciated as I do not wish to discuss this with my company’s lawyers if I can help it.

Many thanks in advance.

RwB