L1 days count for eligibility

Old May 4th 2022, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

srujan.crm is an unknown quantity at this point
Question L1 days count for eligibility

Dear Friends,

Please help me!

I'm about to apply for L1A. I've joined my company on June 28th 2021 and I'm on 2nd week of May 2022, in order for me to say 1 year continuity of service, should I've to wait until the 28th of 2022 or the end of May'22 is sufficient.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kumar
Old May 4th 2022, 9:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1 days count for eligibility

Look at a calendar and count 365 days from June 28, 2021 (plus a couple of days for good measure).

Rene
Old May 4th 2022, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Yadame is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as the L1 interview date is after 12 months has passed since joining the company you are ok. That is, you can complete the DS160 earlier than 1 year anniversary ( not too early, just a few weeks before ) but since you will have to wait for interview for another 2 months or so you will be fine which will put you a year and 1 or 2 months tenure by time you are going for interview.
Old May 4th 2022, 11:39 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

<sigh>
A recurring problem in these forums is that questions are posed lacking sufficient facts to frame an answer. This thread is a demonstration of that.
Old May 5th 2022, 12:04 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
<sigh>
A recurring problem in these forums is that questions are posed lacking sufficient facts to frame an answer. This thread is a demonstration of that.

Then perhaps you could state just which facts are required in order to correctly frame a response.
Old May 10th 2022, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srujan.crm
Dear Friends,

Please help me!

I'm about to apply for L1A. I've joined my company on June 28th 2021 and I'm on 2nd week of May 2022, in order for me to say 1 year continuity of service, should I've to wait until the 28th of 2022 or the end of May'22 is sufficient.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kumar
You also need to deduct any days you may have spent in the US during the qualifying period.
Old May 12th 2022, 1:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
You also need to deduct any days you may have spent in the US during the qualifying period.
Not exactly, or at least that is not how the rule is phrased - you need to add on to the 365 days requirement the number of days you spent in the US. So if, after starting employment with the sponsoring company you spent 35 days in the US, then the day on which you accrue enough days of employment to meet the requirement for an L-1, would be the 400th day.
Old May 17th 2022, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Not exactly, or at least that is not how the rule is phrased - you need to add on to the 365 days requirement the number of days you spent in the US. So if, after starting employment with the sponsoring company you spent 35 days in the US, then the day on which you accrue enough days of employment to meet the requirement for an L-1, would be the 400th day.
Apologies, that's what I meant to say. Agreed.