L1-A Change to L1-B

Old Dec 19th 2014, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

MtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond repute
Default L1-A Change to L1-B

Hi - I am going from an L1-A Visa to an L1-B due to the current set up at the company.
Does anyone know if the clock gets "reset" during the change ? I've been here 3 years so far out of the possible 7 for an L1-A.
We've asked the Lawyer this amongst other questions and so far she's skipped this one ! (waiting for a call back this afternoon, but not hopeful this close to the weekend).
Thanks.
Carl.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Ash14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really nice
Default Re: L1-A Change to L1-B

I am taking a wild guess at this but I think the clock might reset.

From what I can see online, people who do a change of status from L1A to H1B get the full number of years on the new H1B since its a brand new visa.

I imagine the same applies for L1A to L1B but it looks like it's almost unheard of doing this switch.

I'll be interested to find out the answer to this as surely somehow everyone on an L1A would fit into the requirements for L1B... if that is the case then people could do a change of status from L1A to L1B after their 7 years are up. Not sure how that would benefit people as I'm sure they'd want to try to start the GC process by then! Keep us posted
Old Jan 6th 2015, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1-A Change to L1-B

8 CFR 214.2 (l)(12)(i) "L-1 limitation on period of stay" says that the "clock" counts all years in any L or H status, so no it does not "reset".