L1 B visa denied! Devastated

Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1 B visa denied! Devastated

Sounds very weird, the best port of call would be the Lawyer dealing with application.

I have heard they tightened up. Lots of abuse.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:32 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe lack of relevant degree disproves you don't have specialized knowledge, surely?

Another question, if the firm is sizeable and they relocate people often - you refer to them having an internal relocations dept - then why do they not have a blanket petition in place?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

well I'm not sitting passively. I am fighting for another petition as the hiring director just sent a personal note saying he wanted to hire me in a second and needs someone with my qualifications over there.

maybe some leverage from the big fish may help build a stronger case.
Worth a shot.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I can't believe lack of relevant degree disproves you don't have specialized knowledge, surely?

Another question, if the firm is sizeable and they relocate people often - you refer to them having an internal relocations dept - then why do they not have a blanket petition in place?
Yes I think the same. It is a large international company, relocating people often with their own team of lawyers. #1 Airline booking system. 5 billion dollar private company with offices worldwide.

What is a blanket petition?

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 10th 2013 at 1:21 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:05 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read here: http://www.immihelp.com/l1-visa/l1-b...-petition.html

It may be that you can re-submit your I-129 petition taking into account the comments by USCIS, but your skills would need to be given a lot more attention and detail to make them change their mind i would expect.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have a read here: http://www.immihelp.com/l1-visa/l1-b...-petition.html

It may be that you can re-submit your I-129 petition taking into account the comments by USCIS, but your skills would need to be given a lot more attention and detail to make them change their mind i would expect.
Thank you. I'm not sure if they used a L1 or L1 blanket.
I will investigate a bit more.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

wait a minute. why does this say no degree is required for L1 visa??

http://www.immihelp.com/l1-visa/l1-v...omparison.html
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Reasons given for rejections are typically brief and vague, and can leave the applicant or petitioner wondering what was the problem 'exactly'. Perhaps it's done that way because providing detail gives information that makes it easier for the decision to be challenged or otherwise responded to?
Good question. And another - if the company is so experienced in this area, yet could not get this petition through after months of effort, then surely there is indeed a flaw in this particular situation?
Regards, JEff
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now I'm confused. Many sites state no reference to degree being necessary for L1 visa!!.

Is there a flaw in my companies process?

http://www.visabureau.com/america/l1-visa.aspx
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
Now I'm confused. Many sites state no reference to degree being necessary for L1 visa!!.

Is there a flaw in my companies process?

http://www.visabureau.com/america/l1-visa.aspx
Yes that is what I said in post 7. Having been through the prep process - you do not require a degree, many people have a degree but it is not a specific requirement. Get hold of the petition and see what they submitted. I worked with my MD to put together competencies, skills and write the job description - only you know specifically what you can offer.
Were you not involved in pulling together the info for the petition? I hounded them every day and went to see the lawyers in the US - to the extent of going out for happy hour with them...
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Yes that is what I said in post 7. Having been through the prep process - you do not require a degree, many people have a degree but it is not a specific requirement. Get hold of the petition and see what they submitted. I worked with my MD to put together competencies, skills and write the job description - only you know specifically what you can offer.
Were you not involved in pulling together the info for the petition? I hounded them every day and went to see the lawyers in the US - to the extent of going out for happy hour with them...
Thank you very much.
Now I need to think how to approach HR

They have insisted/stated strongly that an IT specific degree was a definite requirement for the visa so they could not go forward!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:29 pm
Banned

Agree with Orangepants. I have a Masters degree, but my attorney made little reference to it as it wasn't directly applicable to my work specialty. My L1 was approved (though I hold the A variety, not B).
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much.

They have insisted/stated strongly that an IT specific degree was a definite requirement for the visa so they could not go forward!
Immigration lawyers always have some excuse when they screw up. I don't understand why there would be problems getting the visa if you have 7 years experience in that field.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:38 pm
Banned

Thank you. I'm not sure if they used a L1 or L1 blanket.
I will investigate a bit more.
They used an I-129 individual petition. If the company had used a blanket petition, you would have been able to fill out a DS-160 and make an appointment at your nearest US Embassy Consulate for them to review your application. Instead, your individual petition was denied by USCIS.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much.

HR was responsible for most of the things that went wrong with my employment - they messed up my initial H1b application, so then we had to follow the L1 and I had to move to London (from Cayman) for a year+ to then be eligible for the transfer and in the end.. well we wont even go there... They (HR) wasted 2 years of my life.. so I know you must be feeling sore... You need to find a MD who isn't afraid of HR!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.