Wikiposts

L-2 EAD E-Filling

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

tzeyangng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L-2 EAD E-Filling

Hi,

I have several questions regarding the L-2 EAD filling. Hope that someone can help.

1. Do i need to ship any support document if i use the EAD e-filling for my wife? I did not see any instruction for what document to send.
2. My wife have L-2 now and she is eligible to apply for SSN now. Should i wait for the EAD before apply the SSN or should i go ahead and apply SSN?
3. Can she travel while the EAD pending?

thanks.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L-2 EAD E-Filling

Originally Posted by tzeyangng
1. Do i need to ship any support document if i use the EAD e-filling for my wife?
No.

Should i wait for the EAD before apply the SSN or should i go ahead and apply SSN?
If she is eligible, she should apply.

Yes.

Ian
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have several questions regarding the L-2 EAD filling. Hope that someone can help.

1. Do i need to ship any support document if i use the EAD e-filling for my wife? I did not see any instruction for what document to send.
2. My wife have L-2 now and she is eligible to apply for SSN now. Should i wait for the EAD before apply the SSN or should i go ahead and apply SSN?

thanks.
When my son filed for his EAD recently, the receipt included instructions on what to send to (I believe) Lee's Summit. If memory serves me right, this included copy of the I-94 (front and back), photos plus a copy of the receipt.

It seemed pretty straightforward...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

i got confuse now. Because in the receipt i have, it only contain the following:

Next Steps:
􀂉 Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the USCIS Form Instructions
links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you
are submitting.
• DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
• DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
• DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
• DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by USCIS.

Which really did not tell me what should i send. It seem to me i don't need to send any things. but my wife might need to go to the office to get the biometric done? Please someone can confirm the above which is correct. thanks.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:23 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

i got confuse now. Because in the receipt i have, it only contain the following:

Next Steps:
􀂉 Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the USCIS Form Instructions
links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you
are submitting.
• DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
• DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
• DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
• DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by USCIS.

Which really did not tell me what should i send. It seem to me i don't need to send any things. but my wife might need to go to the office to get the biometric done? Please someone can confirm the above which is correct. thanks.
Check the I-765 instructions at the link above - it includes a list of everything you need to send.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
Read carefully! *IF* required. The e-filing web page has a list of what needs to be sent with each different application. For EAD, you do *not* need to send any documentation. You *will* receive an appointment for an interview and biometrics, and *at the interview* you present the documents that you have.

Ian
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Read carefully! *IF* required. The e-filing web page has a list of what needs to be sent with each different application. For EAD, you do *not* need to send any documentation. You *will* receive an appointment for an interview and biometrics, and *at the interview* you present the documents that you have.

Ian
Oh..........is that mean that using postage is better than e-filling? Because seem like by postage you don't need to attend to the office? And e-filling you need to attend to the office?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh..........is that mean that using postage is better than e-filling? Because seem like by postage you don't need to attend to the office? And e-filling you need to attend to the office?
One isn't "better" than the other. It's just 2 different routes to the same end. Even with paper filing, you'll still need to go for a biometrics appointment.

Rene
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:01 am
Homebody

Ian
With respect, Ian - I think you are wrong. The e-filing instructions say check the paper-based instructions on what to send.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
With respect, Ian - I think you are wrong.
Entirely possible... wouldn't be the first time!

The e-filing instructions say check the paper-based instructions on what to send.
I love USCIS!

Ian
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:20 am
Homebody

I love USCIS!

Ian
And I bet you're into BDSM too...
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elvira
And I bet you're into BDSM too...
Thank a lot to Elvira and Ian for the answer. I guess i will go ahead and send the information tomorrow by mail just in case. thanks again.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

gas_girl21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I just would like to know what happened to tzeyang's application... got the same question. I e-filed application for EAD, received receipt which says send documents as next step if required and check the website for the list of what needs to be sent... but when i go check the site, it says, check on the receipt or the form for what needs to be sent! I'm confused! Then, when I decided to call USCIS ( which I find next to impossible to be able to talk to a rep), the rep says, that in "usual cases" USCIS would send a notice of request if a document needs to be forwarded. Now, that answer I think is still vague. Pls help.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gas_girl21
Hi everyone! I just would like to know what happened to tzeyang's application... got the same question. I e-filed application for EAD, received receipt which says send documents as next step if required and check the website for the list of what needs to be sent... but when i go check the site, it says, check on the receipt or the form for what needs to be sent! I'm confused! Then, when I decided to call USCIS ( which I find next to impossible to be able to talk to a rep), the rep says, that in "usual cases" USCIS would send a notice of request if a document needs to be forwarded. Now, that answer I think is still vague. Pls help.
Hi There,

Finally i got my wife EAD. So just to answer your question base on my experience. SEND IN EVERY THINGS that you can think of. My personal experience is, after 2 months of waiting and done the biometric process, suddently we receive another mail asking for more document. In the end it do waste a little bit more time before we get the EAD. Below is the list of document i sent/ suggest to send.

- Copy of the passport for applicant (every page)
- Copy of passport for the front page, Visa Page, I-94 Page for the L1- Visa Holder.
- Letter to prove of employment for L1-Visa Holder.
- 3 months of pay slip for L1-Visa Holder
- Copy of Married Certificate (must be translate if needed)
- 2 passport size photo (Write the name and application number at the back using pencil - can't remember for sure, check the PDF of the application form.)
- Application number cover page
- A letter describe that the intention of application (prefer to mention just for passing time or whatever)
- And any others document that you think might be appropriate.

Hope this help.

regards,
TY
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

gas_girl21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! it's good to hear that you guys have already gotten the EAD! Congratulations! well thank you for the information. i called USCIS twice already and all they say is "don't send anything if you are not asked to meaning if i don't receive any request". So, now i know! I'll send it right away but just one last thing, don't i like need to include or attach to the additional document the REQUEST letter that they sent for those documents or something? or can i just send it anyway without the letter? Hate to bother you again but if you could answer this I'd be really grateful!

smiles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.