Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L-1A London - Administrative processing

L-1A London - Administrative processing

Old Jul 16th 2018, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

vindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nice
Default Re: L-1A London - Administrative processing

My situation was that I was expecting to have the visas and to move out in April, but I got an RFE and it took a while to get ether visas. So I just went out anyway on an ESTA to do some business stuff such as meetings, get permits, meet the accountant, buy desks and computers, etc. Then my wife, daughter and I travelled back for 2 weeks to visit the embassy once the petition was approved to get the visa and then turned around and headed back out. A pain but meant the business wasn't held up too much.

I was lucky in that were had been staying with relatives, and as soon as we got the approval we signed on an apartment lease and ordered furniture and went back to the UK, and when we returned my aunt had taken delivery of the furniture and we were able to move straight in. Made life a bit easier for us.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Blair2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tom - any news yet?
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

TomTom1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I am giving up. I tried to check the website for an email address it basically says don't email us we will email you. the I-129 petition still says "Approved" the DS-160 says administrative processing. At the interview the VO said we should hear at the latest early this week I would say thats today at latest but I am beginning to give up. The companies board is now asking about alternative expansion options if this drags on which is a reflection of the frustration I think.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Blair2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't give up, it's only been around a week. These days as you know everything is taking much longer. I've been in the L1 visa process for 7 months now and there's another few months to go. It's torture but keep waiting at least another couple weeks.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TomTom1988
No, I am giving up. I tried to check the website for an email address it basically says don't email us we will email you. the I-129 petition still says "Approved" the DS-160 says administrative processing. At the interview the VO said we should hear at the latest early this week I would say thats today at latest but I am beginning to give up. The companies board is now asking about alternative expansion options if this drags on which is a reflection of the frustration I think.
dont give up.... I felt fed up also last month (diff circumstances) and because I was so sick of waiting for my husbands L1 visa (and had so much to do here in the USA)... I booked extra flights and brought my kids here on an ESTA. was in the USA for exactly 2 days when we got the news we were waiting for. changed our return flights to fly straight to London earlier than planned to get mine and my kids (L2) visa stamped and back to USA asap!
keep reminding yourself, you haven't been declined - its literally just a setback in the process. hope u hear soon!
Old Jul 18th 2018, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all we just need to be patient its just tough when looking at a clock which is already counting down
Old Jul 24th 2018, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Syltcb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ho Tom,

I'm exactly in the same situation. Wife on l2, opening office for our company in USA, will be sharing space with other companies.

I went there on the 20th of July and got put under 221g / AP too. Gave us our passports back and didnt ask for more documents. The counselor said we will have to wait 1 to 2 weeks to hear back from them.

Did you end up getting an answer? It has been 10 days since your last update.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Syltcb
Ho Tom,

I'm exactly in the same situation. Wife on l2, opening office for our company in USA, will be sharing space with other companies.

I went there on the 20th of July and got put under 221g / AP too. Gave us our passports back and didnt ask for more documents. The counselor said we will have to wait 1 to 2 weeks to hear back from them.

Ah its really frustrating right? Exact same situation as you describe.

We havent heard anything yet. They did check out our office about 10 days ago (office manager told us) however we haven't heard anything from the embassy. I tried e-mailing and they said they can't update on the application.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Ugh, that sucks. Did you applied with the help of immigration lawyers or did the application yourself?
Old Jul 25th 2018, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

vindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nice

Ho Tom,

Came out here on an L1 in May after planning for April and getting an RFE. Got out here fine in May, but my wife has her L2 and submitted her application for EAD and is still waiting. Apparently processing times are 3-5 months right now (!!!). So we are scraping by on my single income and she is stuck at home going crazy wanting to work. I had no idea the processing times for EAD were that long as I had been so focused on the visa, and so I thad thrown our finances sideways a bit.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

3-5 months?! that's insane. Thanks for the info. Really need to get started on that EAD as soon as we can if we get out of administrative processing hole � ����
Old Jul 25th 2018, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

3-5 months?! that's insane. Thanks for the info. Really need to get started on that EAD as soon as we can if we get out of administrative processing hole ������
No news for us today ..... ill keep you updated in here or on private message as I think we will follow the same path on this one.
Old Jul 25th 2018, 10:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

3-5 months?! that's insane. Thanks for the info. Really need to get started on that EAD as soon as we can if we get out of administrative processing hole ������
Can't apply for EAD until you set foot in USA.

Rene
Old Jul 29th 2018, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Beginning of the second and last week the time frame they gave us... Finger crossed I hear back from the embassy this week.

I'm not even sure what can we do if I don't hear back from them by the 6th of August?

Old Jul 29th 2018, 5:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing you can do. You can try emailing them but others have not been successful with that attempt. It is a matter of sit and wait. You are asking for a benefit and it is their ballgame. They are not under any obligation to you to complete it in what the petition might consider a timely manner. It is unfortunate but that's the way of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.