Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L-1a to Green Card processing route?

L-1a to Green Card processing route?

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:54 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L-1a to Green Card processing route?

Originally Posted by Millski
I absolutely feel your pain! Even though the biggest hurdle is probably out of the way now I'm still a bag of nerves over adjusting status and what could crop up in the next year to pee on my bonfire, although it'll probably be an even longer wait now with this compulsory interview business coming into effect, man I wish I'd pushed harder to adjust status concurrently!!
I even asked if it was wise to file concurrently. The attorney was in no doubt that it was the right move, as my case was "as strong as these cases get". Again, that's no comfort!
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Millski is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hmvsdog
I even asked if it was wise to file concurrently. The attorney was in no doubt that it was the right move, as my case was "as strong as these cases get". Again, that's no comfort!

Hang on in there, based on the similarity in our receipt dates you should be hearing something soon, sounds like you're gonna be just fine
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:08 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely feel your pain! Even though the biggest hurdle is probably out of the way now I'm still a bag of nerves over adjusting status and what could crop up in the next year to pee on my bonfire, although it'll probably be an even longer wait now with this compulsory interview business coming into effect, man I wish I'd pushed harder to file the I-485 concurrently!!
Is it still an option for you to use consular processing? Maybe you could visit the Motherland for a week or so and combine it with a medical appointment and an excuse to check out the US Embassy's new digs in London. A Consular appointment should be faster than AOS.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Is it still an option for you to use consular processing? Maybe you could visit the Motherland for a week or so and combine it with a medical appointment and an excuse to check out the US Embassy's new digs in London. A Consular appointment should be faster than AOS.

It's a possibility I suppose, I didn't even know it was an option until reading this thread! I'm trying to cram in a s much research as possible before I commit to a course of action.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 9:13 pm
I don't (often) bite

It's a possibility I suppose, I didn't even know it was an option until reading this thread! I'm trying to cram in a s much research as possible before I commit to a course of action.
Quite wise. Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

What are the drawbacks with consular processing? Aside from the added expense of having to travel back to the UK, are there any other compelling reasons to adjust status while remaining in the US?
Old Mar 5th 2018, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

I am going to add one piece of information....our I140 was approved in 18 weeks in 2017

However the USCIS website still says Case Was Received

So if anyone is relying on their website for a status update, just keep this in mind
Old Apr 4th 2018, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

jackcharles is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the drawbacks with consular processing? Aside from the added expense of having to travel back to the UK, are there any other compelling reasons to adjust status while remaining in the US?
Quite wise. Good luck with it all.
Originally Posted by Aquapanther
Thank you guys for your updates.
I was stressing over which way to go with this, however it feels like the safest way is to file for the I-485 and then just wait and pray!
Hi guys, any updates in the last 4 weeks? It sounds like you're all ahead of me in the same process (arrived on L-1a five months ago, employer's lawyer will begin GC application process next month if I choose) so this thread has been great help already for what to expect.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

I'm no further along sadly, trying to get an opportunity to meet with my attorney to discuss my options. I think it's a roll of the dice either way!
Old Apr 4th 2018, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Our Interview is scheduled for May1st
I485 RD was October

Nearly the end of the journey
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred16
Our Interview is scheduled for May1st
I485 RD was October

Nearly the end of the journey
It sure has been a long and bumpy ride for you guys. Glad you are near the end of the journey.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:36 pm
I don't (often) bite

Originally Posted by jackcharles
Hi guys, any updates in the last 4 weeks? It sounds like you're all ahead of me in the same process (arrived on L-1a five months ago, employer's lawyer will begin GC application process next month if I choose) so this thread has been great help already for what to expect.
Nothing for me either. Still waiting on my I-140 adjudication (with a RD on May 30 2017). My attorney is now thinking about raising an SR, but she did say it's usually not productive. Obviously, my I-485 is still on hold and the medical report is quickly running out of time, so yet more expense for the expected updated medical RFE.

On the plus side, my wife did get her C09 EAD in record time (32 days) recently, so it's not all doom and gloom.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 1:23 pm
The Hamburgler Incarnate!

Karlosthecackle is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, reading this thread I can see moving from L1A to GC (EB-1C) is going to take a while!

First call about it with company immigration lawyers this afternoon... They will begin the process after we get back from vacation in the UK on 10th August. I will keep you guys posted!
Old Jul 18th 2018, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Aquapanther is an unknown quantity at this point

My situation has totally changed unfortunately.
The US company is about to be sold meaning that my route to the GC is not available any more.

Im considering switching to a B tourist visa and taking 6 months out to relax and consider my future plans.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Just be aware that EB-1 worldwide is no longer current as of the August visa bulletin so that'll slow things down - unusual but demand has been very high this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.