L-1A to Green Card Journey

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

AnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to all
Default L-1A to Green Card Journey

Received my GC yesterday! Really pleased about it. Went home from work and found all five GC for the whole family in the post box. Thank you all who replied to my posts starting from the very first one about my L1A. This journey was made easy with your help.

Below are the milestones:

L1-A filed May-1-2008 (London)
L1-A approved July -3-2008 (London)

I-140 filed Mar-4-2010 (NSC)
I-140 approved Mar-11-2010 (NSC)

I-485 filed Jun-9-2010 (NSC)
Biometrics completed Aug-5-2010 (NSC)

Green Card arrived Sep-2-2010

Cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all
Default Re: L-1A to Green Card Journey

Thanks for the post, that's great information as I am currently on an L1A and am in negotiation with my employer to file a green card application.

Yours seems to have been approved / issued very quickly indeed.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Wits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to allWits_End is a name known to all

I'm currently trying to convince my employer to do the same but my meeting with HR today (who admitted to knowing nothing about the process) saw them focus on a) cost and b) time.

My guess is about $20k all in and I reckon 3mths from L1-A to GC. Without the gap between your I-140 and I-485 this seems about right. In your experience do my assumptions seem reasonable?

Last edited by Wits_End; Sep 3rd 2010 at 10:49 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

bradley568 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently about to embark on going from an L-1A to a GC.

Since it seems to have gone very smoothly for you, can you let me know what steps you followed to go from the L1-A to the GC? I'd love this to go as smoothly for me as it has for you.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:23 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

we went from L1a to GC in 2009. The firm used Fragomen who are well known lawyers and im guessing are not 'cheap' I seem to remember the estimated cost that HR mentioned was less than $10,000. Another argument to use is the cost of flights for the whole family to go and renew visa stamps as well as cost of renewal itself.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MsElui
we went from L1a to GC in 2009. The firm used Fragomen who are well known lawyers and im guessing are not 'cheap' I seem to remember the estimated cost that HR mentioned was less than $10,000..
Small price to pay for peace of mind I think we might be using Fragomen, or Shusterman (haven't made my mind up yet)
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

AnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EricK
Thanks for the post, that's great information as I am currently on an L1A and am in negotiation with my employer to file a green card application.

I guess I am lucky! The whole process for me was hassle free. Fragomen attorney was very good. She was very supportive but i guess that is because they are the most expensive. I offered my company to share the cost but they refused and paid the entire fee. Best of luck to you..
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bradley568
I am currently about to embark on going from an L-1A to a GC.

Since it seems to have gone very smoothly for you, can you let me know what steps you followed to go from the L1-A to the GC? I'd love this to go as smoothly for me as it has for you.
I wish you all the best. I am sure your process will go smooth too.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EricK

I asked my company to apply for my GC with the first 3 year of the L1 visa because the flight fares going back to UK would have been alot for visa renewal. I remember informing my HR executive about the cost and they argeed to pay for the GC instead.