juvenile records

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

paula29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default juvenile records

I have a juvenile record when i was 16 yrs old will this hinder my progress to live with my fiance in the usa. I am in Canada,
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 9:57 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: juvenile records

Originally posted by paula29:
I have a juvenile record when i was 16 yrs old will this hinder my progress to live with my fiance in the usa. I am in Canada,
(2) CRIMINAL AND RELATED GROUNDS.--
(A) CONVICTION OF CERTAIN CRIMES.--
(i) IN GENERAL.-- Except as provided in a clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits acts which constitute the essential elements of--
(I) a crime involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense), or
(II) a violation of (or a conspiracy to violate) any law or regulation of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to a controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)), is excludable.
(ii) EXCEPTION.-- clause (i)(I) shall not apply to an alien who committed only one crime if--
(I) the crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age and the crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than 5 years before the date of application for visas or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States, or

According the above, no it shouldn't hinder your progress.

Good Luck

Patrick