Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Just starting on this journey, lots to learn

Just starting on this journey, lots to learn

Old Jan 2nd 2020, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Sleepy82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just starting on this journey, lots to learn

So, is there no way for someone my age to get a visa to do shorter periods of work? And if I did, could I do the same again the next year?
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleepy82
So, is there no way for someone my age to get a visa to do shorter periods of work? And if I did, could I do the same again the next year?

No......
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

talkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond repute

I was very skeptical when I heard about sponsored GC for truck drivers. It sounds like a scam. However, not long ago I was contacted by someone who is planning to go that route. He assured me that this is real. he actually told me that he saw GC of someone who was already sponsored. He is planning to move to US in near future when he collects $12k. Once again, I thought that this was scam, but since he saw GC with his own eyes and he is willing to pay 12k, I would have to believe him. It seems that there are companies that are actually willing to sponsor GC for truck drivers. I guess you would have to do more research. His company is from Chicago.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well there is a shortage of truck drivers, did not realise they were paying that sort of signing on bonus.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:12 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talkto_menow
I was very skeptical when I heard about sponsored GC for truck drivers. It sounds like a scam. However, not long ago I was contacted by someone who is planning to go that route. He assured me that this is real. he actually told me that he saw GC of someone who was already sponsored. He is planning to move to US in near future when he collects $12k. Once again, I thought that this was scam, but since he saw GC with his own eyes and he is willing to pay 12k, I would have to believe him. It seems that there are companies that are actually willing to sponsor GC for truck drivers. I guess you would have to do more research. His company is from Chicago.
You mean that he has to fork out $12K in order to take advantage of this opportunity? That has scam written all over it. It's illegal to basically sell someone a visa, which is what this sounds like. And no-one can move to the US until the visa is actually issued -- a visa comes before a green card.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

That just screams scam to me. Why on earth does he have to pay $12k and exactly how is this “company” going to get him an immigrant visa?!
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Canada do as far as I know but I had my heart set on the USA - some of the northern states in particular - being someone who hunts, hikes and fishes
Sounds like Canada would be ideal then tbh.

Oh looks like I got that a bit muddled up then;

What did I miss? I'm too old to be likely to get a job like that or a visa for that kind of job?

Or I'd need a visa to get the job but I'd need a job to get a visa so I'm stuck?
I just meant that you’d need a visa for even a short term temp job - so one of the visas in the link given previously.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

talkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond reputetalkto_menow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

That just screams scam to me. Why on earth does he have to pay $12k and exactly how is this “company” going to get him an immigrant visa?!
Sounds like scam, but the guy I spoke with was absolutely certain that he wants to do it and insisted that GC is real. 12k looks like immigration lawyer processing fees + some bonus for a company. It is most likely that some kind of contract is signed and he will be required to work for them for a while.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sounds like scam, but the guy I spoke with was absolutely certain that he wants to do it and insisted that GC is real. 12k looks like immigration lawyer processing fees + some bonus for a company. It is most likely that some kind of contract is signed and he will be required to work for them for a while.
He shouldn’t be paying the immi lawyer fees - that’s down to the company. He shouldn’t pay a penny. And again, I’d ask how they plan to get him an immigrant visa (‘green card’). You should post the company name on here and the forum pros can do some digging for your friend!
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they are doing an employment -based immigrant visa.

Rene
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No......
Is there an age limit on the seasonal worker visa? I want aware of that.

Rene
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

He shouldn’t be paying the immi lawyer fees - that’s down to the company. He shouldn’t pay a penny. And again, I’d ask how they plan to get him an immigrant visa (‘green card’). You should post the company name on here and the forum pros can do some digging for your friend!
I was able to retrieve company's name from FB chat. They are called Experior, located in Chicago.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I was able to retrieve company's name from FB chat. They are called Experior, located in Chicago.
Taking this thread rather off course now (sorry!) but I’m just cross that anybody would try and take such a large amount of money off some poor innocent guy that has no idea he shouldn’t be paying anything! It might be worth getting your friend to sign up to BE and start his own thread to see if this is genuine or not before he hands over his hard earned cash.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 2nd 2020 at 8:10 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.goexperior.com/kariera-w-usa/
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 8:16 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Their online application form specifies US residents. Please caution your acquaintance not to waste his money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.