Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Just got a letter fomr homeland security....

Wikiposts

Just got a letter fomr homeland security....

Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:38 am
AlphaTrionTJW

Default Just got a letter fomr homeland security....

welcoming my wife to the USA as a PR and statign she'll have her green-card
in 3 weeks time. We're releaved considering they said originally that it
was going to be 6 to 9 months. All though something did throw me: the
letter said her GC was good for 10 years. I thought we had to go do a
removal of conditions in 2 years not 10?

Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got a letter fomr homeland security....

Originally posted by AlphaTrionTJW
welcoming my wife to the USA as a PR and statign she'll have her green-card
in 3 weeks time. We're releaved considering they said originally that it
was going to be 6 to 9 months. All though something did throw me: the
letter said her GC was good for 10 years. I thought we had to go do a
removal of conditions in 2 years not 10?
If you've been married for 2 years after the approval comes through, then you don't have to do a removal of conditions.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
If you've been married for 2 years after the approval comes through, then you don't have to do a removal of conditions.
And if they accidently give her unconditional PR, it is still her responsibility to correct that and remove conditions at the appropriate time (can't remember how long you 2 have been married at the time of her adjustment...)/
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:11 pm
AlphaTrionTJW

We'd been married 2 1/2 years when her approval came through.

Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:33 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AlphaTrionTJW
We'd been married 2 1/2 years when her approval came through.
Then you don't need to remove conditions!!