Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Just Got Approved for PERMANENT GC!

Just Got Approved for PERMANENT GC!

Old Apr 9th 2001, 9:33 pm
*Bob

I filed my I-751 in mid November. I'm in Seattle. I just got the letter dated 03/29
advising me that all conditions have been removed.

Now I need to go back to the Seattle INS office with 2 photos for my permanent card.
As there is no set appointment for this can anyone tell me if need to show up real
ealy (eg, 7 am) and just stand in line outside, or will they let me in if I go at a
reasonable hour like 10 am?

I don't know how the process works.

Old Apr 10th 2001, 12:27 am
Elaine

Unfortunately I dont know the answer to your question. Sorry but I do have one of my
own. We just filed the I 751 last week, (we live in same area) So would you post some
about your experience ? Did you get the notice extending the time right away? I mean,
my husbands conditional GC is up soon, (we sent I751 near end of 90 day time frame)
and I guess you get a letter saying you have a one year extension while they process.
So did you get that soon? and did you not have an interview? what kind of evidence
did you send? Sorry for so many questions but you know this is our almost only place
for help!! So anything you tell would be helpful! thank you

Old Apr 10th 2001, 12:58 pm
*Bob

Elaine wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

After I filed my I-751 I got the Notice of Action Letter and years' extension within
three weeks. There is no interview at that stage.