Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Just a few final I129F questions before sendoff

Just a few final I129F questions before sendoff

Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just a few final I129F questions before sendoff

Mack and I are just about ready to send in the I129F. Just a few questions.

#12. Give number of certificate, date, and place it was issued.
My birth certificate was issued when I was born, obviously, but I only have a copy of it that I requested when I was 16 for my driver's license. Would I fill out this date issued, or do I need to contact my mom to get my original?

Also, for the certificate number, is this the FILE NO in the upper right side?

#13. List all children of your alien fiance. In the example it says (first/middle/last). Should we list the name like this, with the slashes?

#18. Has your fiance met and seen you? Describe the circumstances under which you met.
We put a brief description of how we met. (online then in person) and this line is very short. Should we include a more detailed letter/explanation of how we met or is this line all they want?

and finally, we will be including our letters of intent, but should we also include photos, letters, tickets with this form to prove relationship, or is this only necessary for the interview?

THANKS so much in advance for your help.

Jess and Mack
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:10 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just a few final I129F questions before sendoff

Originally Posted by JessInUSA
Mack and I are just about ready to send in the I129F. Just a few questions.

#12. Give number of certificate, date, and place it was issued.
My birth certificate was issued when I was born, obviously, but I only have a copy of it that I requested when I was 16 for my driver's license. Would I fill out this date issued, or do I need to contact my mom to get my original?

Also, for the certificate number, is this the FILE NO in the upper right side?

#13. List all children of your alien fiance. In the example it says (first/middle/last). Should we list the name like this, with the slashes?

#18. Has your fiance met and seen you? Describe the circumstances under which you met.
We put a brief description of how we met. (online then in person) and this line is very short. Should we include a more detailed letter/explanation of how we met or is this line all they want?

and finally, we will be including our letters of intent, but should we also include photos, letters, tickets with this form to prove relationship, or is this only necessary for the interview?

THANKS so much in advance for your help.

Jess and Mack
Hi:

On #12 -- comparison with older versions of the form demonstrate that a typo error was made. The reference to number date and place of issuance of the certificate relates to Certificates of Naturalization or Certificates of Citizenship. If you're not submitting one of those two documents -- then you answer "NA -- see [birth cert. or US passport].

#13 -- no -- It is John Allen DOE. BTW, for Asians, the FAMILY name should go LAST. A good practice is CAPITALIZE the family name, so it really doesn't matter what order you put it in.

#18 -- "See attachment" and then add a longish statement. Evidence of plane tickets or pics are a good idea.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically...I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

On #12 -- comparison with older versions of the form demonstrate that a typo error was made. The reference to number date and place of issuance of the certificate relates to Certificates of Naturalization or Certificates of Citizenship. If you're not submitting one of those two documents -- then you answer "NA -- see [birth cert. or US passport].
So, I don't answer any of those questions (number, place or date issued)? and just write NA - See birth certificate?
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

So, I don't answer any of those questions (number, place or date issued)? and just write NA - See birth certificate?
See also: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1guide
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

Hi:

Some people just leave it blank. The question relates to Certificates of Naturalization or Certificates of Citizenship. However, in abbreviating the question from prior editions, it was abbreviated too much.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically...I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon.

Folinsky, our Paul Simon quotes always amuse me. He is the man.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

HI Jess,

I left that line blank on my I-129F, and it went through just fine.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andrea874
Folinsky, our Paul Simon quotes always amuse me. He is the man.
Hi:

They amuse me too.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

They amuse me too.
And by "our" I meant "your" if you hadnt already figured that out haha.