Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Just in case you're wondering - TSC is still on December petitions.

Just in case you're wondering - TSC is still on December petitions.

Old Apr 9th 2001, 10:22 pm
Vermyndax

See subj.

--Alexander

Old Apr 10th 2001, 7:00 pm
Gabby the new K-1 Gi

Alexander -

How are you holding up? I thought to myself "ok, all I have to do is wait now" but
since I just realized that my nightmare ridden resltess nights and general poor
health are due to anxiety, I guess the waiting is much more stressful than I
thought. ;-(

In case you forgot.. we processed about the same time -January petitions, right?

>
    >
    >

~Gabby K1girl - USC K1boy- UK

I-129F sent to TSC Jan 16, 2001 1st NOA recieved Jan 24, 2001

Old Apr 10th 2001, 10:13 pm
Vermyndax

Hey Gabby... of course I remember you, silly girl

Yin and I are a few weeks behind you - we filed on February 8th, with NOA #1 dated
February 14th.

I guess I'm holding up okie. At first, I wasn't handling this well at all. Now I have
a little more resolve, I suppose. I'm frustrated and anxious, but at the same time,
helpless and I know it. I guess what bothers me is that once the paperwork leaves
your hands, there's little you can do to push it through. I've always been the kind
of person that likes to DO things and get them done, and having to wait indefinitely
just isn't my cup of tea.

Yin on the other hand... interesting transformation. She projected an enormous sense
of patience and strength, but it's starting to crack. The Chinese are immensely
patient, so watching her deal with this (she is the same way as I am - a DO'er) is
painful. The lease is up on her apartment and there are other things that are closing
up in her life, so it would be so perfect if everything was falling into place right
now... which, if I lived near Vermont, I suppose it would be. It's put an enormous
amount of strain on both of us... and with the added mix of the crisis in China, it's
a harrowing experience.

If anything will put a couple through a wringer of endurance tests, it's the K-1 visa
process. I think if we can overcome this, we will overcome any problem in our
marriage for sure.

This really is unlike anything I've ever experienced before. Everything we normally
take for granted in relationships is given up. All of a sudden, you're at the mercy
of people who don't even know you as to whether or not you will enjoy the happiness
you seek in your life. It's not up to you anymore... it's up to a bunch of
underpaid, overworked individuals who know nothing about you and your emotions than
what is on paper.

Other things you take for granted... previously being able to call that boyfriend or
girlfriend anytime you want and talk all you want - or see each other when you
want... that's not an option anymore. Today at work, I snapped at a coworker who made
a snide comment. His wife speaks to him quite often on the phone all day from 8-5.
When Yin calls me for about 15-20 minutes at around 9:30 or 10am, I make sure I make
myself available to talk to her if possible. This coworker today made a comment...
such as... "Yeah well, maybe you'd stop taking more daily phone breaks" or something
to that effect.

That lit me up. This man receives phone calls from his wife almost once an hour -
sure, they're short and sweet, but this man also gets to see his wife at the end of
every day. I don't have that luxury right now, and it took a fleeting... swift round
of anger to get him to see my point. After a minute, I realized just how much all of
us have taken relationships for granted... even if you know that doing so is a Bad
Thing (tm), you've still done it. You do not know what it's like until you've been
through this process, and I don't expect any American who has married another
American inside the states to ever understand it.

I guess it's the little realizations like this that make the whole process tough.
When Yin and I first met, we had no idea what to expect when I began researching the
K-1 around November/December of last year. Now that we are part of the process, it
really is quite strenuous.

Couple that with the knowledge that other couples in other parts of the country are
winning approvals in about 15 days... and this makes for tough mental trips. I don't
care what anyone says about having patience or just "dealing" with it - Congress and
INS have written rules and words that look good on paper for everyone involved... and
just plain ****ed it up.

--Alexander

>
    >
    >
now"
    >
general
    >
than
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 11th 2001, 1:15 am
Hilary Whalen

I agree with you...... co workers, just don't understand!!!! They go home every night
to their families...... All they see is me leaving and moving to the States in a few
months..... they don't realize how time drags when waiting for TSC so get moving. As
hard as it is to be apart right now, I know we are doing the right thing, and that in
the long run we will have a stronger relationship.

Like you I am a Do'er. So, I have put my house up for sale, started packing a few
boxes, and I have all the other paperwork in order ready to go when we get the word.
We are fortunate to be dealing with the Vancouver consulate who from research shows
they move quite quickly.

Our timeline: Sent Jan17, 2001 NOA Jan 26,2001

75 days and counting........ Hurry up TSC, I want to get on with the rest of
my life!!!!

Hilary

Vermyndax wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Alexander -[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > How are you holding up? I thought to myself "ok, all I have to do is wait[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > but since I just realized that my nightmare ridden resltess nights and[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > poor health are due to anxiety, I guess the waiting is much more stressful[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I thought. ;-([/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > In case you forgot.. we processed about the same time -January petitions, right?[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 11th 2001, 4:24 am
Vermyndax

Butt in anytime you like... but be warned... some people have little pity when we
complain about TSC... and they tend to flame.

--Alexander

>
    >
today...
    >
    >
ever
    >
completed
    >
thin
    >
this
    >
    >
when I
    >
    >

Old Apr 11th 2001, 11:11 pm
Michael McGuire

Is funding not proportional to the # of applications? I can not believe the TSC's
budget is the same as ?Nebraska. I know it is the largest service center in the us
and probably the most antiquated in the proceedures. I was hoping after the two
audits last year, the TSC would improve the process.. looks like it is going the
other way.

Michael n article <[email protected]>,

[usenetquote2]> >ome people have little pity when we complain about TSC... and they tend to flame.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >