Wikiposts

Just back from Attorney Office

Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just back from Attorney Office

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
I see that you are in Northern KY. Did you file through Louisville, or an office in/around Cincy?
Eastern KY actually but yes, I filed in Louisville.

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
What about his comment on filing them all at the same time keeps all the papers together and that it would all stay at the SF office and not deal with Laguana? ( I asked specifically whether it would be processed by Laguana and he said no, not once they are all filed together?)
Patrick

Patrick

He was right on the money. If you filed piece meal with the I-130 going to the service center, you would have to wait to have the I-485 filed at the district office (SF) adjudicated until approval of the I-130. I-130's on the service center level can take a year or more and then the wait for the I-485 starts. Also with only filing the I-130 at the SC you are not eligible for an EAD. That eligibility is based on the I-485. Now some district offices will not accept the I-485 for filing if you have an I-130 pending at the SC. Keeping that in mind you would not be able to file for an EAD for quite a while. So, yes your attorney is correct and seems quite informed about the filing procedures as I've come to know them just from participating over the last 6 odd years here on the newsgroup.

The only thing I would question him on is the timeline for the EAD. 2 months was a fair guessestimate before the USCIS started the practice of sending all of your petitions/applications to the NBC for processing. Instead of decreasing the timeline for issuance of an EAD, it has increased it. Others have found that the wait for an EAD issued by the NBC is 3 to 6 months.

Of course, and there always is with the USCIS, you have the ability to go to the district office after the 90th day of filing for the EAD and demanding an interim EAD. You need a receipt of filing to do this. Others have used the receipt from mailing that shows it has been accepted by the USCIS; or you can use your cancelled check; or you can use the notice of action if you are fortunate enough to get one.

There was a poster last week or this that used SF and they adjudicated successfuly their AOS in under 7 months. So again your attorney is on the money with the timeline guessestimate.

Remember one very very important thing. Timelines are not quite worth the paper or broadband they are written on. It is not to be considered gospel.

Glad you have found that your attorney is competent.

Rete
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Overthere
I was just looking at that too and was going to say the same thing. Not sure where your EAD will come from but the California Service Centre is working on them dated 8 May 2004, so the lawyer sounds pretty spot on to me.

EAD's from the four service centers are usually EAD's issued based on something other than from marriage-based adjustment. There is asylum cases, work based adjustment, etc. So those figures do not count in this instance.

Either your EAD will come from the district office or from the NBC. It won't come from the service center unless you live in the Baltimore, MD jurisdiction where everything is sent to Vermont Service Center rather than to the NBC.

Rete
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:20 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Is listed on Matthew Udals site as Laguana California service center, from what I can tell it is the central filing center.
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm
Patrick
California service center at Laguna (California)
Good Luck!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:23 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
One "could" file the I-130 first at the CSC and then when that is approved (months or years later), "then" file (at the local office) the I-485 with a copy of the I-130 approval notice but it would be rather foolish to do it that way (and would add to the time it would take to eventually get to the stage of I-485 approval). The best route is to file the I-485 and I-130 together at the local office and bypass the service center.
Yeah but not everyone can do it.. Denver is forwarding AOS packages to MSC/NBC..
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:29 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Yeah but not everyone can do it.. Denver is forwarding AOS packages to MSC/NBC..

that is still filing at the local district office, hyper. the district office is the one to forward the paperwork to the NBC, not the petitioner.

Rete
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:43 pm

Originally posted by Rete
that is still filing at the local district office, hyper. the district office is the one to forward the paperwork to the NBC, not the petitioner.

Rete
Brain fart
Old Jun 30th 2004, 1:59 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

A question I have about the medical is, can I get the vacinations from my regular doctor and then do the medical with the immigration approved doctor? I have medical insurance coverage and so could get the shots for free plus my regular co-pay. Is this possible?
Also, anyone got any tips on the photos? Where to get them? Who does the best job? Can one use digital camera and print out pics on photo glossy paper to the required size?
Thanks for all the great help so far.
Patrick
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete

Rete
Hi, Rete,

Do all the district offices now forward EAD and AP to NBC? My experience with SF is at least a year old, and it wasn't the case back then. I also renewed my EAD and AP in March, and I received the new documents in 2 weeks.

Thanks for any clarification.

Anna