Wikiposts

Juarez consulate interview

Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:56 am
RogerL9119

Default Juarez consulate interview

I recently read about someones interview at the Juarez consulate. They said the
interview was done thru a glass window and by someone sitting at a desk away
from the window. It must have been in a noisy place also with other people
around because it was said that they had a very hard time hearing each other.
This sounds like a very sorry and improper way to conduct an interview.
Before, I had expected the interview to be face to face at someones desk with a
little privacy, and formality. Is it this bad at other consulates? Does
anyone else that was interviewed at the Juarez consulate have any input on
this?

Also what is with hiding behind the glass window? Is that place dangerous?!
My fiancee will be going there before long.

Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:31 am
Capt. Tuttle

Default Re: Juarez consulate interview

I think they are all like that. It is the same in Paris, I know.

Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RogerL9119
I recently read about someones interview at the Juarez consulate. They said the interview was done thru a glass window and by someone sitting at a desk away from the window.
Roger:
In this post (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=164511) you will find links to many helpful resources, including a page full of first-hand experiences from (mostly) this newsgroup (kamya).

Many (all?) Consulates are set up as you describe. There is no private office, no desk to sit at, tho the CO is usually not sitting away from the candidates.

My own experience was in a cubicle of sorts, a glassed in box, and we were seperated from the CO by a glass window with a passthru slot for documents. Whether or not Juarez is dangerous, I think you'll find all Consular posts *very* security minded. Please also refer to the webpage for your Consular post for valuable hints in using their services. You will also likely find your own experience enhanced by removing thoughts of "sorry and improper" and going with the (their) flow.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:13 am
waiting for 4 years

letysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really nice

Originally posted by Capt. Tuttle
I think they are all like that. It is the same in Paris, I know.
we was in jueraz on feb 2 & 3 and will be back on arpil 27th , we stayed at the Lincoln Hoilday inn and it is very safe . yes the interview is behind a window like you are buying tickets for movies or something , make sure you do not take any Mirriors or cell phones when you go to the interview
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:23 pm
Bajamark

"RogerL9119" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I recently read about someones interview at the Juarez consulate. They
said the
    > interview was done thru a glass window and by someone sitting at a desk
away
    > from the window. It must have been in a noisy place also with other
people
    > around because it was said that they had a very hard time hearing each
other.
    > This sounds like a very sorry and improper way to conduct an interview.
    > Before, I had expected the interview to be face to face at someones desk
with a
    > little privacy, and formality. Is it this bad at other consulates?
Does
    > anyone else that was interviewed at the Juarez consulate have any input on
    > this?
    > Also what is with hiding behind the glass window? Is that place
dangerous?!
    > My fiancee will be going there before long.

Yes, it's a cattle call and they are lying rude assholes..... good luck

Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:03 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RogerL9119
I recently read about someones interview at the Juarez consulate. They said the
interview was done thru a glass window and by someone sitting at a desk away
from the window. It must have been in a noisy place also with other people
around because it was said that they had a very hard time hearing each other.
This sounds like a very sorry and improper way to conduct an interview.
Before, I had expected the interview to be face to face at someones desk with a
little privacy, and formality. Is it this bad at other consulates? Does
anyone else that was interviewed at the Juarez consulate have any input on
this?

Also what is with hiding behind the glass window? Is that place dangerous?!
My fiancee will be going there before long.

I expected my interview to be at a private office too.. but nop, My interview was as you described Juarez.
My CO was VERY nice though
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:20 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

That might've been my experience, the one you read...

I didn't get the impression that the glass was there because it was a dangerous consulate, I just think that's the way they do it everywhere. And although it's hard to listen to the questions and holler out the answers above the crying babies and crowd noise, it wasn't unpleasant at all, and the glass is like lety'sjim said, sort of like buying tickets for a movie or like meauxna said, like going to the bank with a glass window and a slot to push papers through.

Are you going to be there with her through her interview?
We (Sweetie and I) were there with another girl who was also going through a k1, but she went without her boyfriend. In the end, when we compared notes, she got a somewhat "harsher" grilling than I did, including questions such as "if he cares about you, why isn't he here?", "are you sure he wants to marry you?", etc... the only weird one I got was "is he aware you are divorced and have a daughter and does he have a problem with that?" although he was right there, his hand on my daughter's shoulder... we looked at one another like... "duh"... but answered very politely in unison, "yes, he knows and he's fine about it / yes I know, and I don't have a problem with that".

Still, both of us got the visa.

And don't worry about Ciudad Juarez's safety issues. We all walked at night all over the place (around the consulate area) and felt fine. As long as your fiancee is not a worker at a maquiladora and sells herself to drug lords in the weekends there is no danger of ending up murdered in a dumpster.