Wikiposts

Jobs in demand in USA?

Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:53 am
Just Joined

mshep10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs in demand in USA?

Hi could you give me any jobs that are in demand in America and would be able to get a Visa with??
Old Aug 30th 2009, 9:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs in demand in USA?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585898

Which visa category, if any, do you think would suit you?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:08 am
Just Joined

charman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nice

Yeah I have the same problem. Finding the jobs....

Personally I'm needing Immigrant Visa Jobs, looking to move to the USA full time.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:32 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Today's economic climate does not bode all that well for either of you. There are H-1B visa left up for grabs because companies either can't afford to hire or they have taken government funds and can't use foreign workers.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Bankruptcy lawyers are in increasing demand.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Bankruptcy lawyers are in increasing demand.
Ambulance chasers, they're doing well too....

Anyway, asking which jobs are in demand is a bit daft, doesn't matter if there's a demand in something which you have no skill or ability to do the job with.

Figure out which visa you are looking for and how your skill set will align yourself with that visa, other wise forget it.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charman57
Yeah I have the same problem. Finding the jobs....

Personally I'm needing Immigrant Visa Jobs, looking to move to the USA full time.
Then you should look at which IV categories are current. No good finding the job and telling them you'll be there in 3-5 years.

You have a LOT more available to you if you come on a 'temporary' multi year visa like an H or L.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

charman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nicecharman57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
Then you should look at which IV categories are current. No good finding the job and telling them you'll be there in 3-5 years.

You have a LOT more available to you if you come on a 'temporary' multi year visa like an H or L.
Yeah you're right. Have to start finding the jobs, not just thinking about what I want. Have to consider whats out there in these extra difficult times.

Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:17 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah you're right. Have to start finding the jobs, not just thinking about what I want. Have to consider whats out there in these extra difficult times.

Thanks
Im not entirely sure that's what was said...
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lj2
Im not entirely sure that's what was said...
OK in that case I apologize. Just all gets a bit confusing, ignore me.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
It IS confusing but since you stated you want an Immigrant Visa, you should learn about the different timelines. It's no good you waiting with your bags packed at the door when it's going to be an unknown quantity of time before a visa is available (there are limited numbers of each type of visa released each year).
These are the IV classifications.
This is the current processing schedule.

You may not be aware that a lot of people come on 'temporary' non immigrant visas for years and get their immigrant process underway after they are already in the US and are a known quantity to the employer.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:51 am
Just Joined

It IS confusing but since you stated you want an Immigrant Visa, you should learn about the different timelines. It's no good you waiting with your bags packed at the door when it's going to be an unknown quantity of time before a visa is available (there are limited numbers of each type of visa released each year).
These are the IV classifications.
This is the current processing schedule.

You may not be aware that a lot of people come on 'temporary' non immigrant visas for years and get their immigrant process underway after they are already in the US and are a known quantity to the employer.
Thanks for those links.
I suppose that would make more sense and would be a much easier path to take. The problem I can see myself having now is trying to appear unique to US employers, someone they can't employ who is already over there. Then there's the fact the industry I would ideally like to work in, the ad industry, has to be one of the hardest to break into anyway, even before the International factor kicks in.

BTW sorry to mshep10, I seem to have crashed his thread...
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:03 am

Thanks for those links.
I suppose that would make more sense and would be a much easier path to take. The problem I can see myself having now is trying to appear unique to US employers, someone they can't employ who is already over there. Then there's the fact the industry I would ideally like to work in, the ad industry, has to be one of the hardest to break into anyway, even before the International factor kicks in.

BTW sorry to mshep10, I seem to have crashed his thread...
I think that you still don't understand.
The vast majority of the people who get EB (employment based) "immigrant visas" are getting IV numbers, not usually waiting outside the US for the 5-7 years it might take for their number to become available. I dont' think I've ever heard of anyone successfully applying for an EB visa without first being in the US with that employer.

You are going to have to appear unique (not appear, you had better *be*) to US employers regardless.
I'm taking a very long winded way to tell you that going straight and only for an employment based immigrant visa without coming to the US to work as a nonimmigrant first is a very, very, very sketchy plan.

edit: from your past thread, now I see why you think you need a 'permanent' visa. I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to Immigration now, but realistically, you need a rethink/reboot.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 3:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you still don't understand.
The vast majority of the people who get EB (employment based) "immigrant visas" are getting IV numbers, not usually waiting outside the US for the 5-7 years it might take for their number to become available. I dont' think I've ever heard of anyone successfully applying for an EB visa without first being in the US with that employer.
Occasionally works for EB-1 cases.

It is also possible for an EB-2 immigrant visa case to be quicker than a H1-B.