In a jam!

Old May 16th 2010, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

yellowfruit is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy In a jam!

I've gotten myself into a bit of a complicated situation. At the time I filled out the initial I-129F application, I was scheduled to move into a house being renovated by my current housemate at the end of the month, so expecting the packet-3 to need to come to that address so I put the new address down from the current month onwards.

Since then, the application has been approved but I've still not officially (so far as banks, driving license etc) moved into the new house, it's getting near to completion but there were delays in the work and it has taken longer than expected.

Now that I come do to the ACPO it needs my current address with proof x2 via utility bills, bank statements etc. I won't have utility bills at the new address but obviously I could update the addresses of my banks.

Before the end of the whole K1 process I will have moved, so what is the best thing to do? Update my banks ahead of physically moving and get a couple of recent statements sent through for proof that it is an address that I can/will live at? Request the ACPO for my current address? And/or, explain that delays mean that the ACPO will be for an earlier address to the embassy?

Would love thoughts from you all on this, yes I know the simplest solution would have been to put the current house down and not the new house but so far as I was concerned the information I gave was correct when I gave it.

Thanks all!
Old May 16th 2010, 9:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In a jam!

The USC fills out the I-129F, so your post is a bit confusing...but I assume you are the intending immigrant, since you are the one obtaining the police certificate.

Just get the police certificate under your current physical address where you are now. It doesn't matter that you put your intended address on the I-129F.

Rene
Old May 16th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Yes sorry, by I-129F I meant the USA side of the K1 application. It's my biographical data that won't quite be right. You really think it doesn't matter? Interesting...

My alternative of course is to wait until I've moved (given I've not got packet-3 yet anyways) and fill it out then. Hopefully the move should happen shortly anyway.

Thanks Noorah101, that'll give me something to think about. I love my fiancée so dearly I'm petrified of doing anything that might screw up our chances!
Old May 16th 2010, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowfruit
You really think it doesn't matter? Interesting...
Your concern is that they're going to try to reconcile the differences in the address. They aren't. Rene is correct - it really doesn't matter.

Ian
Old May 17th 2010, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Wow, okay that really does take a load off my mind!

Thanks to you both! I don't know what we ever did before this forum, went crazy I guess?
Old Jun 13th 2010, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to pop this up again and I'm sure the answer is the same but I thought I'd check.

Now that I'm filling out forms on the UK side, I've still not moved and it looks like it's going to be another month or maybe more as my housemate is making very slow progress in getting the new place ready.

I've submitted the ACPO with my current address (as discussed), should I use my current address for the rest of the forms (DS-156, DS-230 etc, those in IV-15) or do I use the address that I may or may not have moved into during the application process?

Still annoyed that I was kidding myself that I'd move that fast. Now I'll be amazed if I don't move country before I move house!

Thanks again all, you're a wonderful bunch.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 5:51 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me I'd be more concerned with receiving mail later in the process.

1) Once you move, will you be able to get any items that are sent to the address you're at currently?

2) If something were sent to your new address now, would your housemate receive it and let you know?

I'd be hesitant to use my current address if there were a chance something might be posted to it later and I'd miss it. You could always include a cover letter stating the two addressing and saying that you are in the midst of a house move if you're worried that two addresses will confuse them.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

That has basically been my thinking. Once I leave the current house, post depends on someone having moved in and faithfully forwarding mail or setting up a forward at the post office.

Mail arriving to the new house is checked regularly and I will be able to obtain a key to regularly check it myself (since I walk past on my way home everyday anyway!)
Old Jun 13th 2010, 6:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowfruit
That has basically been my thinking. Once I leave the current house, post depends on someone having moved in and faithfully forwarding mail or setting up a forward at the post office.

Mail arriving to the new house is checked regularly and I will be able to obtain a key to regularly check it myself (since I walk past on my way home everyday anyway!)

So you answered your own question. Use the new mailing address.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Alright then! Here goes more fun form filling.

Thanks all