Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

J1 visa confusing question, please help

J1 visa confusing question, please help

Old Jul 26th 2015, 1:18 am
Just Joined

ANACOR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default J1 visa confusing question, please help

Does anyone know the answer to the following question:

When a person applies for a J1, they have to show at the interview they have strong ties with their home country.

So if that person is living in her home country but a couple months before the interview moves to another country in europe (because it just felt like going somewherelse for a while), that could be a serious issue? Ans what should be done in this case?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 4:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: J1 visa confusing question, please help

Originally Posted by ANACOR
When a person applies for a J1, they have to show at the interview they have strong ties with their home country.
Not necessarily to their home country, but to a country outside the USA.

So if that person is living in her home country but a couple months before the interview moves to another country in europe (because it just felt like going somewherelse for a while), that could be a serious issue? Ans what should be done in this case?
It just depends on how strong the ties are to either your home country or any other country outside the USA. I can't imagine someone knowingly MOVE to another country for just 2 months, especially if they know they are going to leave in two months. That sounds more temporary than a permanent move. But, I guess if you stay a couple of months in that country and end up buying property that you don't intend to abandon, and develop some other ties, I suppose that would be enough. Only the ConOff will know for sure.

Rene