Wikiposts

Its going quick 13 days to go

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice
Default Its going quick 13 days to go

Well the house is sold, i've resigned from my job, we have the plane tickets in our bags, all thats left to do is get ready for the packers to come and to pack our own bags....13 days and we leave the house.
Now it has come round it doesn't seem two minutes since i first wrote on here saying we had planned to go home but it all depended on selling the house. I'm nervous and excited at the same time, i can't image what i will feel like leaving auckland airport and eventually arriving in manchester. Strange because i left on my own (my husband had to stay behind for 2 months due to work commitments) and now we are flying back together with 2 young children. I can't picture them in england and playing in english parks or at the seaside, they just aren't in my head when i look back to what i remember. But i am so looking forward to showing them the places i grew up and silly things like where i went to school and used to live.
I appreciate reading about the difficulties in settling back in so i hope i am not going to expect it to be all a bed of roses for the first few months, but i think i will just be happy to be back. Its been a great holiday as i call it (5 years in NZ) but its time to go home.
One thing i would like to say to those who are still debating what to do was that when we did finally decide it was like a weight had been taking off our shoulders, thats what made us know we were doing the right thing. I love my job and my house but its not been enough to make NZ our home. West yorkshire here we come!!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 1:01 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its going quick 13 days to go

Marbles, good luck and keep us posted. just remember to laugh at some of the difficulties of settling back in. It surely has changed but it is home and slowly but surely things will fall into place. How exciting to show your children some places of your past. dont forget to take in all of NZ that you can before leaving. some never get the chance to visit other countries.
I cant wait til it is finally my turn. Have a safe flight!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:53 am
Merlot

Default Re: Its going quick 13 days to go

Good luck for your return.

Keep us posted.

M