It's A Girl :D

Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:33 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's A Girl :D

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
People say "The kids are acting up a bit, better give them some Calpol."
I've heard of benadryl and phenergan and medised being used this way but not calpol.....some people
I just say "the kids are acting up a bit, where's the vodka?" (for me not the kids)
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Yep, just a kids form of paracetamol, nothing too harmless, certainly wouldn't "dope a child up"
That's what I thought.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 2:57 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Calpol???
Yeah. My Mum was a foster parent a few years back & we had a little boy stay with us, he was about 4 years old & his Mother stopped by our house. As she was leaving, she advised us to 'give him a few spoonfuls of Calpol before bed to calm him down & send him off to sleep'?!? It was very strange & my Mum never did follow her advice, because he was actually quite a well behaved child, at our house anyway.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Congratulations Leslie, another little girlie expat, mine is due in about 5wks

nethead I was thinking about your babies when I read your other thread, did you find out what you are having yet? Hope you are feeling well, how big are you compared to carrying one?? I can't even imagine having two babies at one time, I feel huge with one!!!!
Hi Kate, no we didn't find out what sex they are, and I really have no clue or feelings, though if I was to guess I'd say boy/girl just because the heart rates have always been so different. But I'm crap at guessing. Iam pretty big, I saw my midwife on tuesday I was 33 weeks and I'm measuring 45cm , but I'm feeling pretty good considering. Thanks for asking, you haven't got long to go now.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah. My Mum was a foster parent a few years back & we had a little boy stay with us, he was about 4 years old & his Mother stopped by our house. As she was leaving, she advised us to 'give him a few spoonfuls of Calpol before bed to calm him down & send him off to sleep'?!? It was very strange & my Mum never did follow her advice, because he was actually quite a well behaved child, at our house anyway.
Interesting what some people consider medicines to be. I know its not a sedative and I can't think why it would be considered that. Anyway, I used to have a friend that would give her daughter Children's Tylenol at the first sign of her getting sick, she had some misguided notion that it would help prevent her getting sicker.....
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

It is amazing how some people use meds we have a friend when her six year old starts to act up she says she mustn't be feeling well and gives calpol, haven't read on the label its good for naughtiness
Also one of my sons friends at 11 asked if I had ibuprofen or tylenol he could take for a headache, my 13 yr still uses meltaways the odd time he needs for a fever as he's never taken pills or anything much in his life.

I almost forgot, congatulations to all of you who are expecting, take care, particularly you nethead as this is a very difficult time for you.

Last edited by geordiegirl2; Jun 18th 2006 at 1:20 am.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Help! Am having a wicked craving for Wenslydale cheese -- yes I know hubby is already teasing me that we should call the baby Wallace! Anyroad up, I don't know where I can get it over here. Is there an American version? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for all the congrats BTW!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshirelass
Help! Am having a wicked craving for Wenslydale cheese -- yes I know hubby is already teasing me that we should call the baby Wallace! Anyroad up, I don't know where I can get it over here. Is there an American version? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for all the congrats BTW!
Here you go.... http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/searc...ry=wensleydale

Get hubby to buy you the heart shaped one with cranberries!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

To all the fellow moms and moms to be.. I have a question that may sound silly, but I am going to ask it anyway!

Since I have to get back on the MS meds immediately after the birth, breast feeding is not going to be an option for me so it's going to be formula, and herein lies the question!

I have read a lot of threads about MSG and all the crap that is in foodstuffs in general over here. This spurred me onto looking into what is in baby formula, and several that I checked have of course the obligatory corn syrup (solids), but more scarily, it seems from some websites I have looked at, that MSG is in fact hidden in Good Start, Enfamil etc.

Some of the Brit supermarkets have baby formula (Cow & Gate etc) on there, and I am seriously considering either having my mum ship formula over to me, or buying it from one of these place, course I am worried about having to switch etc and not knowing what the baby will take when I can't just run to the store.. but it really worries me, especially since my doc has told me that that they are now linking MSG with MS and Parkinsons disease etc....

Just wondered if anyone else had heard about this, or has used baby formula from the UK instead?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
Here you go.... http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/searc...ry=wensleydale

Get hubby to buy you the heart shaped one with cranberries!
Ooooh, you are a star!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
To all the fellow moms and moms to be.. I have a question that may sound silly, but I am going to ask it anyway!

Since I have to get back on the MS meds immediately after the birth, breast feeding is not going to be an option for me so it's going to be formula, and herein lies the question!

I have read a lot of threads about MSG and all the crap that is in foodstuffs in general over here. This spurred me onto looking into what is in baby formula, and several that I checked have of course the obligatory corn syrup (solids), but more scarily, it seems from some websites I have looked at, that MSG is in fact hidden in Good Start, Enfamil etc.

Some of the Brit supermarkets have baby formula (Cow & Gate etc) on there, and I am seriously considering either having my mum ship formula over to me, or buying it from one of these place, course I am worried about having to switch etc and not knowing what the baby will take when I can't just run to the store.. but it really worries me, especially since my doc has told me that that they are now linking MSG with MS and Parkinsons disease etc....

Just wondered if anyone else had heard about this, or has used baby formula from the UK instead?
Have you looked into some of the organic baby formulas that are on the market these days?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Something in the water around here again?

Congratulations to you all!

OK...anyone for any labour horror stories? just kidding, I'll be nice.

Enjoy your babies they grow up way too fast, can't believe that Katie is 11 weeks old already.

Ash
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Something in the water around here again?

Congratulations to you all!

OK...anyone for any labour horror stories? just kidding, I'll be nice.

Enjoy your babies they grow up way too fast, can't believe that Katie is 11 weeks old already.

Ash
You rang?

I'm with whomever said organic. Plus, once the baby starts on solids, I'd suggest organic all the way too. Our one healthfood store stocks dozens of different varieties, which I'm sure are also available up there. Or you can make your own fruit/vegg using organic produce and freeze it in ice cube trays a few days at a time.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Congratulations! I had a little girl 13 days ago - and I just love her to bits!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:05 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Congratulations! I had a little girl 13 days ago - and I just love her to bits!
Congratulations!!!!!
Name? Weight? etc, you know we want details!!!!!! Hope you are feeling fine and everything went o.k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.