IR-1 Preperation

Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice
Default IR-1 Preperation

Hi everyone,

I know this has been done several times, but for my own piece of mind, I thought I would do it again.

Here is a list of everything I have together for hubby's interview on the 17th Oct. Please let me know if I am missing anything or of any suggestions of things I should also include!

I have everything in a file type folder, individually labelled to make it easier for hubby.

I also have included photocopies of EVERYTHING.

Here goes:

Passports: Hubby's british passport, my US passport, childrens UK and US passports

Passport photos (American style) x 4 for hubby

Birth certs: (Full version's) Hubby UK, my US, childrens UK and US CRBA

Marriage Certificate- this is the UK one as this is where we married

Police Certificate

Hubby's extract court record and letter from SHerriff courts explaining that the original records have been destroyed as offence was over 10 years ago.

Military Certificate of Service- which shows start and leaving date

My Affadavit of Support and last 3 years tax returns

Joint Sponsor's Affadavit of Support (my Dad), Joint Sponsor's passport photocopy, his 2011 1040 (this is 5 pages, does this sound right??), 2 payslips and 2 retirement pay slips

Medical docs from the medical at Knightsbridge

I-130 approval letter

Visa fees

Intent to Domicile proof- copy of email to schools about registering my children, copy of email to a bank about opening an account, copy of shipping company quote, letter of resignation to my employer, letter of resignation to hubby's employer, and letter to landlord with notice of lease termination

Sorry about the long post! But your advice and expertise would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IR-1 Preperation

Hey MrsW. I think that's everything (from memory). You probably have way more than you need of some things, but better to be prepared. Just a couple of things:

Don't forget the interview appointment letter. He'll need to show that to get in.
Make sure somewhere in the military stuff is clear discharge paperwork. The poor girl collecting my documents was thoroughly confused by my military paperwork until I showed her where it said the word "discharge" and the date.
Money/card for the visa and courier.

Hope everything goes well. Good luck.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Hey MrsW. I think that's everything (from memory).
Make sure somewhere in the military stuff is clear discharge paperwork. The poor girl collecting my documents was thoroughly confused by my military paperwork until I showed her where it said the word "discharge" and the date.
This is the part I am confused about. All I can find is a certificat of service. THis has the following information on it:

Name
Service num
Rank
Branch
Date of Enlistment
Date of Termination
NI Number

is this suffice??
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, that'll do nicely.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perfect!!! Was starting to panic lol! BTW, I just sent you a pm before I read your reply lol
Old Sep 29th 2012, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

holly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really nice

Youve got exactly what ive got! Apart from the things that dont apply to my case obviously.

I didnt put in my husbands or daughters passports though, just the birth certificates. I also put a few relationship proof things in there like joint bank statements and bills with both names and a couple of photos like one from each year, just in case
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

My husband emailed the londonIV address yesterday to request that my name be added to the access list for his interview. They have replied today to say that my name has been added. I was quite surprised that they replied... is this normal practice?? Just curious as I know other's have commented before that even though they emailed and requested that there USC spouses name is added, it hasn't. Should we print email off to take with us? Only thinking that as hubby has to take Interview appt letter with him for him to gain access...
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 5:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

You can print the email but if your name doesn't get added to their list it seems you will not get in, regardless. Of course on the day who knows what they will decide.