Introducing...

Old May 28th 2007, 9:19 pm
Resident Hambone

K2JLX has a spectacular aura aboutK2JLX has a spectacular aura aboutK2JLX has a spectacular aura about
Default Introducing...

Hello everyone,

My name is James and yes, I am a British Expat.. I have been living in the north east USA since the summer of 2002, I currently reside at the foothills of the Catskills in a place called Wurtsboro (Sullivan county - where they held Woodstock in 69).

I have cut my teeth on the immigration system on both sides of the pond (helping my then American wife to get UK residency and ultimately citizenship). My own adventure with the then INS was interesting, long story short I was granted permanent residency when I first came here. I have been procrastinating getting my US citizenship, seems like every time I get the motivation to do it, something in my life happens that gets in the way.

I guess you could say I am living the American dream, I have a nice detached house in the country with an iconic American car parked in the drive way.. hah. I work in the computer field, as a IT manager (do everything guy).

Hope to talk to you all soon!

James.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:09 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introducing...

Originally Posted by K2JLX
Hello everyone,

My name is James and yes, I am a British Expat.. I have been living in the north east USA since the summer of 2002, I currently reside at the foothills of the Catskills in a place called Wurtsboro (Sullivan county - where they held Woodstock in 69).

I have cut my teeth on the immigration system on both sides of the pond (helping my then American wife to get UK residency and ultimately citizenship). My own adventure with the then INS was interesting, long story short I was granted permanent residency when I first came here. I have been procrastinating getting my US citizenship, seems like every time I get the motivation to do it, something in my life happens that gets in the way.

I guess you could say I am living the American dream, I have a nice detached house in the country with an iconic American car parked in the drive way.. hah. I work in the computer field, as a IT manager (do everything guy).

James.
Hello and welcome to BE
Glad you seem to be enjoying life here
Old May 28th 2007, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE James
Old May 28th 2007, 10:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there James...welcome to BE.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Hi K2JLX. DE W6JE. 73 OM, John
(Waiting for the others to figure out what the above means.)
:
Old May 28th 2007, 10:46 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edwords
Hi K2JLX. DE W6JE. 73 OM, John
(Waiting for the others to figure out what the above means.)
:
shortwave radio? call letters?
Old May 28th 2007, 11:00 pm
Resident Hambone

K2JLX has a spectacular aura aboutK2JLX has a spectacular aura aboutK2JLX has a spectacular aura about

Amateur Radio.

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Old May 28th 2007, 11:06 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Introducing...

Hello everyone,

James.
Hello and welcome!

I've just arrived home after spending the long weekend (Friday to Monday) at Hunter Mountain in the Catskills......weather has been amazing, just like an English Summer....

The only downside was driving back to New Jersey....it took almost 5 hours (instead of 2hrs 15m) due to a crash on the I-87 and backed up traffic for miles and miles.....my friend actually did a U-turn on the Interstate to find an alternative route home...

Do you enjoy living there? It's beautiful isn't it?
Old May 28th 2007, 11:19 pm
Resident Hambone

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Hello and welcome!

I've just arrived home after spending the long weekend (Friday to Monday) at Hunter Mountain in the Catskills......weather has been amazing, just like an English Summer....

The only downside was driving back to New Jersey....it took almost 5 hours (instead of 2hrs 15m) due to a crash on the I-87 and backed up traffic for miles and miles.....my friend actually did a U-turn on the Interstate to find an alternative route home...

Do you enjoy living there? It's beautiful isn't it?
Yes, the weather has been great, my only complaint is the pollen (we British always know how to complain). Uhg, New Jersey, a state full of 'questionable drivers', but I completely know what you mean, I have been in my share of traffic snarls on the thruway and the jersey turnpike. Thats the principle reason I avoid traveling down there unless I have to, where I live the traffic is bearable..that is until the summer.

Once summer arrives in wonderful Sullivan county, the Orthodox and Hasdic Jews evacuate Brooklyn to spend their summer up here with their children. Who can blame them? Either way the counties population quadruples and the roads are a mess.. Thank god for my car GPS.. I can find all the shortcuts and back-roads!
Old May 28th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James, welcome to BE.
Old May 29th 2007, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the weather has been great, my only complaint is the pollen (we British always know how to complain). Uhg, New Jersey, a state full of 'questionable drivers', but I completely know what you mean, I have been in my share of traffic snarls on the thruway and the jersey turnpike. Thats the principle reason I avoid traveling down there unless I have to, where I live the traffic is bearable..that is until the summer.

Once summer arrives in wonderful Sullivan county, the Orthodox and Hasdic Jews evacuate Brooklyn to spend their summer up here with their children. Who can blame them? Either way the counties population quadruples and the roads are a mess.. Thank god for my car GPS.. I can find all the shortcuts and back-roads!
Hi and welcome. And I'll second your complaint re. pollen, especially this year.
Old May 29th 2007, 1:58 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

James.

hi james

get your citizenship, the american dream is great!

but dont mention insurance on here!
Old May 29th 2007, 2:03 am
Resident Hambone

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
hi james

get your citizenship, the american dream is great!

but dont mention insurance on here!
One of these days I will... What insurance, health, home owners or car insurance?
Old May 29th 2007, 2:15 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

One of these days I will... What insurance, health, home owners or car insurance?
no just kidding, the health insurance discussions on this site are very contentious.
Old May 29th 2007, 2:21 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. Welcome to BE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.