Wikiposts

Interview today....but???

Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview today....but???

We went through a rough interview with the officer that interviewed us. We were told to send in rent or least agreement (had one but lost since it was so long ago and the landlord has passed away), car registration, and insurance, utility bills for the last six months(none, since we have been looking for place to move after wife's grandma died last march.....we were married in June) and cancelled checksd or printout from the bank for the last 6 months and the officer wanted to see all of them. Also a complete copy of transcript of records and/or a copy of college diploma/certificate.
he also mentioned that we have 90 days to complete this.

He did not accept our creditcard statements as they were all addressed to my wife (USC) with me as authorized users. He asked who pays for rent and utility bills, we answered whoever that has time to do bills.

Is this normal for going through further review?

Please give us your advise.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:07 pm

IsaMousy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview today....but???

Originally posted by cjcherri
We went through a rough interview with the officer that interviewed us. We were told to send in rent or least agreement (had one but lost since it was so long ago and the landlord has passed away), car registration, and insurance, utility bills for the last six months(none, since we have been looking for place to move after wife's grandma died last march.....we were married in June) and cancelled checksd or printout from the bank for the last 6 months and the officer wanted to see all of them. Also a complete copy of transcript of records and/or a copy of college diploma/certificate.
he also mentioned that we have 90 days to complete this.

He did not accept our creditcard statements as they were all addressed to my wife (USC) with me as authorized users. He asked who pays for rent and utility bills, we answered whoever that has time to do bills.

Is this normal for going through further review?

Please give us your advise.
I suppose you had your AOS interview. What did you give them when you filed for AOS and what did you bring with you to the interview? If you did not bring any of what they want now, you did not bring much. The things he requested seem to be standard things.
If you do not have prove for a valid marriage at the time of the interview they are going to want you to supply them with some documents/copies that demonstrate a shared life.

Isa

Last edited by IsaMousy; Mar 11th 2004 at 2:33 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

we gave our creditcard and bank statements. He did not accept our creditcard statement as the statements all addressed to my wife (i am authorized user) tax return for last year (we even give a copy of the checked we just received) we gave him everything we have except rental agreements, which we don't have, utility bills with both of our names on, which we don't have either.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:41 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

This at the SF office? Do you recall the officer's name? Was it officer Bell or officer Houston? Was it an Hispanic woman who has a computer on her desk with big purple font letters spelling, NO! NO! NO! floating across the screen (I dubbed that officer the "no" lady once I saw that while sitting there with my clients during one of her interviews)? It doesn't sound like the nice male officer of Filipino descent... (Officer Tan, I believe); he's always so nice to deal with.

Usually, SF is a warm and friendly office to deal with (with a few exceptions, of course). Of course, things might have changed since Thomas Shiltgen left his post as Director of that office. Last I heard, the interim director of the SF office was Charles D. (The director of the infamous, "De" Port-land, Oregon USCIS office).
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:53 pm

IsaMousy is an unknown quantity at this point

we gave our creditcard and bank statements. He did not accept our creditcard statement as the statements all addressed to my wife (i am authorized user) tax return for last year (we even give a copy of the checked we just received) we gave him everything we have except rental agreements, which we don't have, utility bills with both of our names on, which we don't have either.
CJ,
you may want to work on some more prove of your relationship. Do you have any pictures taken after your wedding, maybe together with friends and family? Statements from friends who know you together as a couple? And of course you should try to come up with the evidence they want you to send in within 90 days. This is also a good preparation for filing the I751 in a couple of years.
Yeah, don't you like all the collecting for the USCIS???
Isa
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Can't recall his name but he's in LR10
Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

we told the officer that we have a swam and notorized letter from wife's sister and he said that a third party letter doesn't mean anything. we don't mind doing the work to change all the names on our utility bills and try to get my name on the creditcard bills, the reason for being is that they ask to provide copies from the last six month. even if we change it today, it doesn't meet the time frame they ask for. we even brought our insurance policy and he didn't want to look at it.

What should we do...

Current acting district direct is Mr. david N.. Still
Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you had a rough interview. I think you should just try to get everything changed to both your names as soon as possible . What about health insurance, does one of you have the other covered through their health insurance. How about emergency contact at work, can the HR person at work write a letter that one of you has the other listed as person to call in case of an emergency. How about mail that comes to your address in both your names, if any. I'm not sure what else, but we wish you luck and keep us posted.

Cheers,

Kat and Chris
Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

we both get insurance from our work and if we decide to have one cover under the other's health insurance we are going to have pay between 180-240 each month (we received our health insurance as part of our work package) yes, we'll try to get this done if we have to but this means we have to pay more money than we want each month. We both have life insurance listing each other as beneficiary. we also have IRA listing each other as beneficiary. The officer did not want to see any of those....What can we do?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

we also have letters addressed to both of us, he did not want to see them as well. We'll try to come up with what he wants within 3 months meanwhile preparing for the worth case, since we could be moving anytime soon (our house is up for sale and it can be sold anytime)
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:02 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Current acting district direct is Mr. david N.. Still
Charles H. De More took over when Mr. Shiltgen transferred down to take over the L.A. office (he moved down here within a month or two of my moving down here from SF), and in the interim Mr. De. More took over. When Mr. De More took over, his acting Deputy District Director was Mr. Still. Looks like Mr. Still has now taken over the Director's job.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:12 am
Banned

Can't recall his name but he's in LR10
For those who will be going to their AOS interviews one of these days, the officer will almost certainly introduce him or herself to you when they take you to their office for the interview. They also almost always have a name placard on their desk or filing cabinet. If you don't hear their name or see a placard, there is nothing wrong with asking the officer what his or her name is.

It's always a good idea to note the officers name, and write it down after the interview, along with your recollections of what happened at the interview (the more detailed, the better). Who knows, that information might just come in handy later on when contacting the office again about the case. It's best to write up this report immediately after the interview while its fresh in your memory.

While preparing my clients for their AOS interviews, I always ask them to note the officer's name and to send it to me with a write up about their interview. If I ever need to contact that officer again, I'll need the name, and of course, having a written report as to what happened can come in handy too.

Now when I'm at the actual interview, then "I" take notes during the interview, noting the officer's name. There are other things I do too, however taking notes is important.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 7:20 am
Just Joined

lostinnyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
For those who will be going to their AOS interviews one of these days, the officer will almost certainly introduce him or herself to you when they take you to their office for the interview. They also almost always have a name placard on their desk or filing cabinet. If you don't hear their name or see a placard, there is nothing wrong with asking the officer what his or her name is.

It's always a good idea to note the officers name, and write it down after the interview, along with your recollections of what happened at the interview (the more detailed, the better). Who knows, that information might just come in handy later on when contacting the office again about the case. It's best to write up this report immediately after the interview while its fresh in your memory.

While preparing my clients for their AOS interviews, I always ask them to note the officer's name and to send it to me with a write up about their interview. If I ever need to contact that officer again, I'll need the name, and of course, having a written report as to what happened can come in handy too.

Now when I'm at the actual interview, then "I" take notes during the interview, noting the officer's name. There are other things I do too, however taking notes is important.
Hi Matthew,
My AOS interview is next week, i don't know if you have previously delt with battered spouse cases, but mine is base on my approved i-360 (vawa).
I am afraid because i don't know what to expect at the interview, also i have a divorce issue, i was divorced few months before filling my i-360 but i was approved, i wonder if the officer will go through that and give me hard time.

Your help is highly appreciated as always in this forum.
PS: i know you are not my lawyer and i respect you a lot, so if you feel that i have step over the red line with you, all my appologies.
thank you again
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:17 am
Banned

Originally posted by lostinnyc
i don't know if you have previously delt with battered spouse cases, but mine is base on my approved i-360 (vawa).
I am afraid because i don't know what to expect at the interview, also i have a divorce issue, i was divorced few months before filling my i-360 but i was approved, i wonder if the officer will go through that and give me hard time.
I just finished a VAWA case. She came in with K-1, was battered, fled the east coast to the west coast, found me, we got I-360 approved, and "finally" her interview came up at the L.A. office. Approved without a hitch.

Are you saying your divorce was final at the time your I-360 was fee'd in at the VSC? Nothing you can do about that now.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:22 am
Just Joined

lostinnyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I just finished a VAWA case. She came in with K-1, was battered, fled the east coast to the west coast, found me, we got I-360 approved, and "finally" her interview came up at the L.A. office. Approved without a hitch.

Are you saying your divorce was final at the time your I-360 was fee'd in at the VSC? Nothing you can do about that now.
Thank you Matthew,
yes the divorce was final at the time the petition was filled at the VSC, if i understand well what you mean, the officer will not bother looking at the divorce decree and the receipt date on the approved vawa?
but i was fighting the divorce after i filled the petition and i failed.

with all my respects,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.