Wikiposts

Interview Scheduled for London

Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Interview Scheduled for London

My husband's Immigrant Visa interview is scheduled for 12th January 2010. YIPPEE !!!!

On Friday last week I called the Customer Care line and we were informed that an interview had been scheduled for 10th December, however, we will be out of the country so whilst I was on the phone I asked for the Embassy's email address in order to find out if we could rescheduled it.

We emailed the Embassy last on Friday afternoon and today we found out that they have rescheduled it for the 12th of January. In the email it does say that they should receive the medical results before that date.

So now we begin in earnest getting the paperwork to show our intent to return.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Scheduled for London

Woohoo! You're on your way now, chickie!!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by katnap8
My husband's Immigrant Visa interview is scheduled for 12th January 2010. YIPPEE !!!!

On Friday last week I called the Customer Care line and we were informed that an interview had been scheduled for 10th December, however, we will be out of the country so whilst I was on the phone I asked for the Embassy's email address in order to find out if we could rescheduled it.

We emailed the Embassy last on Friday afternoon and today we found out that they have rescheduled it for the 12th of January. In the email it does say that they should receive the medical results before that date.

So now we begin in earnest getting the paperwork to show our intent to return.
congrats....
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes M'am ... a great way to start the new year.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

bint598 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

are you applying for a cr1 visa for your husband? my husband and i were going to do his medical a day before the interview? will that not work?

thank you
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bint598
my husband and i were going to do his medical a day before the interview? will that not work?
Recent instructions from the embassy have changed to indicate that your medical should be far enough ahead of the interview so that the medical results are at the embassy by the time of the interview.

This would mean that the medical would need to be about a week ahead of the interview (or more).
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all

Congrats Katnap8 you must feel a little more relaxed now you have your interview rescheduled!!

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Recent instructions from the embassy have changed to indicate that your medical should be far enough ahead of the interview so that the medical results are at the embassy by the time of the interview.

This would mean that the medical would need to be about a week ahead of the interview (or more).
Well here's something new for me to worry about. I had my medical Oct 5th but it will be touch and go as to whether my medical results are there in time for my interview. I seriously hope they are because I'm so ready to be done with this whole process.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bint598
my husband and i were going to do his medical a day before the interview? will that not work?
That will work... but the visa will be delayed until they get the results of the medical. Most folks though, don't want to make two trips to London and so schedule the medical very close to the interview date.

Ian
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi all

Thank you all It is a relief to know when it is.

Regarding the medical:

The email my husband received said the following "Please note we must have received your medical by this date"

Which we understood as having the medical at least a week before in order for the Embassy to have the results on that day. What is confusing is that the instructions say as long as your medical is done you can proceed with the interview which would mean you could do it the day before and only do one trip to London. But because the email said we must have received your medical by this date we decided to do two separate trips to London.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kat, glad to hear you eventually got the response. I'm waiting on my rescheduled date but as I'd said anytime during January/February I suspect I'm at the back of the queue. Hope all goes well with the medical
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice

Thats fab news for you!! I am still waiting for my interview letter from the US embassy. Just wondered when you sent your checklist, should I phone the embassy. We are really keen to get things sorted asap... Many thanks
Rachael
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

We sent our checklist on 17th October (Saturday), and just yesterday we received the appointment letter that was sent to our previous address, the date is marked 13th November. However, we didn't know we had an appointment so I did call the Helpline and was informed of my husband's interview over the phone, as it was for a date we couldn't attend, we asked for the email address to reschedule and it has been rescheduled.

If it's been about a month since you've submitted your checklist you might want to call the Helpline. I think the call lasted for about 4 minutes and at £1.20 per minute it's not cheap but helped ease our minds. Good luck and let us know how you get on.