Interview Scheduled

Old Mar 12th 2021, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interview Scheduled

For April 6th😱. N400 was applied on Jan 5th and got a notice letter on Feb 2 saying that my previous Biometrics would be reused. I’m surprised to have gotten the interview scheduled so quickly- was not expecting it until July the earliest. Both me and my husband’s interview are on the same day (his is 15mins before mine).

Couple of questions-
1. How long is the Interview?

2. My interview letter states “If you filed your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, on or after Dec. 1, 2020, and are required to take the 2020 version of the civics test, you may now have the option to take the 2008 version of the civics test
So does that mean I can study either of the 2 versions? Which one is recommended?

3. My letter states to carry Passport, Green Card and the notice I received. I am assuming that’s all the documents that would be required? Is that when you hand in your Green Card as well?

4. Final question- Is there a dress code for the interview?
Old Mar 12th 2021, 4:43 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Scheduled

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014
For April 6th😱. N400 was applied on Jan 5th and got a notice letter on Feb 2 saying that my previous Biometrics would be reused. I’m surprised to have gotten the interview scheduled so quickly- was not expecting it until July the earliest. Both me and my husband’s interview are on the same day (his is 15mins before mine).

Couple of questions-

2. My interview letter states “If you filed your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, on or after Dec. 1, 2020, and are required to take the 2020 version of the civics test, you may now have the option to take the 2008 version of the civics test
So does that mean I can study either of the 2 versions? Which one is recommended?

3. My letter states to carry Passport, Green Card and the notice I received. I am assuming that’s all the documents that would be required? Is that when you hand in your Green Card as well?

times seem to be field office dependent, so where you live dictates the wait.

I would take things like birth certificate and marriage certificate. Also take your last 3-5 year IRS tax transcripts, especially this years if you have filed by then. I took some photos of my family and house here, but none of that’s required.

I went smart casual, shirt and pants, others there were in anything work uniforms like maids to full suit and tie. My phone my interviewer was similar to me in smart casual.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 6:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014

Couple of questions-
From 15 to 30 minutes.

It appears so. Have not looked at the 2020 test examples but you have. Which do you feel comfortable with?

I advise on the side of caution and would advise to take the originals of any documents you scanned into the system when you originally applied online.

No, your green card is not taken until the day of your oath ceremony.

Yes, clean and neat.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 6:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
times seem to be field office dependent, so where you live dictates the wait.

I would take things like birth certificate and marriage certificate. Also take your last 3-5 year IRS tax transcripts, especially this years if you have filed by then. I took some photos of my family and house here, but none of that’s required.

I went smart casual, shirt and pants, others there were in anything work uniforms like maids to full suit and tie. My phone my interviewer was similar to me in smart casual.

Yours was marriage based? If not, why would you need a marriage certificate and photos of your spouse and family?

Since 2020 tax filings are not due yet (April 15, 2021) and they only applied in January of 2020, all their tax records (if required with the application) have already been received.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 6:25 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Yours was marriage based? If not, why would you need a marriage certificate and photos of your spouse and family?

Since 2020 tax filings are not due yet (April 15, 2021) and they only applied in January of 2020, all their tax records (if required with the application) have already been received.
I can only talk from my own recent experience of doing this in 2019.

No, I choose to file based on 5 years as LPR because I came through work, although I was also eligible to file under either as my wife also happens to be a USC. I took them because they can be used to evidence / backup what was in my N400. I would rather have documents on hand if asked for them than not, why would you not take them?

If you have not filed your taxes yet you can’t take anything, but some people file early, if you have why would you not take the evidence? My interviewer took a copy of my most recent, filed between my application and interview the next year.

Last edited by tht; Mar 12th 2021 at 6:33 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 11:37 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

2008 version is far clearer IMO.