Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview date at London Embassy and some ?'s

Interview date at London Embassy and some ?'s

Old Nov 9th 2002, 1:56 am
Just Joined

lasmus31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview date at London Embassy and some ?'s

We got our interview date finally! 19th November, lucky since our flights are booked for the 24th!!!

I just have a question about the three years tax returns ... my hubby files his taxes online and didn't print them. we contacted the Embassy in London, who asked us to fax some details and a signature. We received the tax returns but they are just typed out on plain paper ... will this be enough for our interview??

My hubby is in the US Airforce and I had to have an outprocessing medical which included the tetanus vaccine, the MMR and a TB skin test ... the skin test came back positive so i was sent for a chest x-ray. The x-ray was negative but due to the reaction i had to the test, the military doctors want me to start on the penecillin programme as soon as possible for 9 months. will this affect my chances of being granted a visa?

The paperwork ... how is it best to take them? should they be joined together or seperate sheets ... maybe i'm just stressing too much?

any advice on the above questions would be appreciated!

Lisa :0)
Old Nov 12th 2002, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

can i bump this to see is anyone can help me?
Old Nov 12th 2002, 10:56 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview date at London Embassy and some ?'s

Originally posted by lasmus31
We got our interview date finally! 19th November, lucky since our flights are booked for the 24th!!!

I just have a question about the three years tax returns ... my hubby files his taxes online and didn't print them. we contacted the Embassy in London, who asked us to fax some details and a signature. We received the tax returns but they are just typed out on plain paper ... will this be enough for our interview??

My hubby is in the US Airforce and I had to have an outprocessing medical which included the tetanus vaccine, the MMR and a TB skin test ... the skin test came back positive so i was sent for a chest x-ray. The x-ray was negative but due to the reaction i had to the test, the military doctors want me to start on the penecillin programme as soon as possible for 9 months. will this affect my chances of being granted a visa?

The paperwork ... how is it best to take them? should they be joined together or seperate sheets ... maybe i'm just stressing too much?

Of course the TB test came back positive - you will have had TB jab at school in the UK. Get your med records from your doctor it will show you have had the jab and that is why you are pos, Dr P will understand this but don't listen to the Military doctors and take the penicilin - they should know you have had the jab.

Patrick
Old Nov 12th 2002, 10:57 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

can i bump this to see is anyone can help me?
No!
Old Nov 12th 2002, 11:01 pm
Pagan Sex God

Default Re: Interview date at London Embassy and some ?'s

This is completly up to the individual if you read interview write ups people do it differently - you have to present the docs one at a time so what I have done is paperclip the original and copy together for each document, all the affadavit of support stuff is in an envelope

I would still be mad at the military doctors for not realising you are British and have had a TB jab and don't need the skin test. Because you have now tested positive the US Military can be complete arseholes and insist you take the course of antibiotics

Patrick (I'm angry for you - I am going to get a gang of pirates to attack them)
Old Nov 12th 2002, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Please send pirates quickly as treatment is supposed to start Thursday!!! The Military Docs said I have a 10% chance of becoming TB active ... are they lying then?

Lisa (mrs gullible) :0)
Old Nov 12th 2002, 11:07 pm
Pagan Sex God

Please send pirates quickly as treatment is supposed to start Thursday!!! The Military Docs said I have a 10% chance of becoming TB active ... are they lying then?

Lisa (mrs gullible) :0)
The test is to see if you have any trace of TB in you - well of course you do as (if you are British and went to school in Britain) had a TB jab when you where about 13 (remember the 6 pronged thing that they stuck in your wrist!). If you tell them you have had the jab they should understand.

Patrick

Whoo hoo 3 stars
Old Nov 12th 2002, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Docs had my jab records which stated the jab ... they have laws of their own i think lol