Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Instant Citizenship for Mexican Illegals -- Fair to the rest of us?

Instant Citizenship for Mexican Illegals -- Fair to the rest of us?

Old Jul 15th 2001, 10:14 pm
Manuel Ful

After waiting many years to my green card through the proper channels, and expecting
to wait years more to earn the right for Citizenship, I am APPALLED that someone is
proposing to grant Mexican (only Mexican) illegals citizenship.

I can't dream what a backlog this will create at the INS for the rest of us.

Old Jul 16th 2001, 1:04 am
Live Life

>
    >

You know I am surprised but not too much. The way Mexicans are invading this country,
My God! They have their men in key positions in the government and in another couple
of years they will probably rule the USA. The only way to prevent this from happening
is sealing the border between the US and Mexico.

God save the US! (Politicians ain't good for nothin)

Old Jul 16th 2001, 2:18 am
Silviu-Alin Bacanu

Manuel Ful wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

I have the same problem as you with the wait, but... I think is better to make the 3
mills Mexicans legal here, at least they will pay taxes and government has them in
their books. If a minority of them are doing bad stuff FBI has them in their books at
least, remember how hard was to get the railroad killer. Eitherway, they will remain
here regardless.

Old Jul 16th 2001, 6:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why should one nationality be given preference and rights that immigrants from other countries have to stand in line and wait for.

They have been given the opportunity recently to obtain a green card through adjustment of status via the Section 245(i) amnesty.

Why give them citizenship as well? Because citizens can vote and politicans what to capitalize on the large numbers of new voters who are and will remain ignorant of the political system by currying their votes in upcoming elections with their campaign promises and "look what I've done for you" scenarios. Didn't we see this done when blacks were even the right to vote years ago? Just another group of voters for politicans to rape and plunder.

Rita
Old Jul 16th 2001, 10:51 am
John Kao

I don't like the idea either, is'nt this discrimination agains all other races ?

But remember, part of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas used to belong
to Mexicans.

and I doubt the law will pass.......

>
    >
    >
illegals
    >
    >
    >
us.
    >
    >

Old Jul 16th 2001, 1:18 pm
Ed MacNeil

Who is making this proposal? I just did a search on the Library of Congress site
Thomas for citizenship and Mexico and did not come up with any bill to this effect
that has been introduced in either branch of Congress.

Is this just another internet rumor?

Ed MacNeil Ancient Aviator North Hampton, NH, USA

Manuel Ful wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 17th 2001, 1:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Why should one nationality be given preference and rights that immigrants from other countries have to stand in line and wait for.

They have been given the opportunity recently to obtain a green card through adjustment of status via the Section 245(i) amnesty.

Why give them citizenship as well? Because citizens can vote and politicans want to capitalize on the large numbers of new voters who are and will remain ignorant of the political system by currying their votes in upcoming elections with their campaign promises and "look what I've done for you" scenarios. Didn't we see this done when blacks were even the right to vote years ago? Just another group of voters for politicans to rape and plunder.

Rita