INS Offices Help?

Old May 15th 2001, 5:11 pm
Blakely28

Hello! Can someone explain to me the difference between a Sub Office, a Field Office
and a District Office?? I filed the I-130/EAD/Affidavit of Support forms for my
Canadian husband back in April and I sent them to New Orleans ( a District office
which covers the southern MS counties) because I live in Southern Mississippi. Well I
went to the INS website and noticed now they have listed a Field Office in Jackson,
MS (which is ALOT) closer to me and also covers the county I live in now. Should I
have filed with a field office? I am so confused about all this and am worried that I
have made a mistake. My and husband and I are struggling everyday with our finances
and he desperately needs his EAD. Its been 45 days and still heard nothing. They said
to call if we don't hear nothing after 80 days. However I have no idea what number to
call. Does anyone know?

Old May 15th 2001, 11:53 pm
Andy Platt

Usually the field offices will issue the EADs and the interviews but the filing is
done through an office (or sub-office). They should give you the EAD appointment in
Jackson. BTW, New Orleans is listed as 30-90 days for the EAD which is usually code
for renewals are done in a little over 30 days; first time ones closer to 90.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
Office
    >
for
    >
District
    >
    >
listed a
    >
the
    >
confused
    >
and I
    >
EAD. Its
    >
    >
anyone
    >

Old May 16th 2001, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

timiny74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD estimate times

>New Orleans is listed as 30-90 days for the EAD which is >usually code for renewals are done in a little over 30 >days; first time ones closer to 90.
>
Andy, I'm assuming that when you look at the AILA estimates and see an office with an EAD time of 30-90 days you assume the first timeframe to be renewal and the second to be the first filing? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, our EAD renewal at Arlington is taking just as long as the original, it's almost to 80 days now! I can't imagine many people are receiving their EADs (at least at Arlington) in 30 days, that'd be way too fast for those guys to do anything, including tying their shoes.
What experience have you or anyone else had with these timeline ranges?
Thanks,
Matt
Old May 16th 2001, 2:12 am
Andy Platt

The estimates for Arlington no longer say 30-90 days, it says a flat 90 days
    >
many 245(i) applications they got inundated with either.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

[usenetquote2]> >New Orleans is listed as 30-90 days for the EAD which is >usually code for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >renewals are done in a little over 30 >days; first time ones closer to 90.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >