Wikiposts

INS Medical

Old May 2nd 2001, 2:45 am
Jennifer & Matthew

Do you need a letter from stating you need a medical before you are allowed to get
one, or can you just go to your local INS doctor and get your medical ahead of time.
I'm worried that INS will send us our interview letter really quickly, and may not
have time enough to get a medical done.

Jennifer

Old May 2nd 2001, 2:52 am
Alex J

You can get the medical done any time you want. They are good for 18 mths (that was
the time frame I was last told - others say 12 mths).

Alex

Jennifer & Matthew wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 2nd 2001, 3:10 am
Jennifer & Matthew

I was just wondering because our BAD AILA attorney told us no way can we get a
medical. I think he just wants more money from me.

Thanks for your reply.

Jennifer

>
(that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Do you need a letter from stating you need a medical before you are[/usenetquote2]
allowed
[usenetquote2]> > to get one, or can you just go to your local INS doctor and get your[/usenetquote2]
medical
[usenetquote2]> > ahead of time. I'm worried that INS will send us our interview letter really[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > quickly, and may not have time enough to get a medical done.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jennifer[/usenetquote2]

Old May 2nd 2001, 3:38 am
Andy Platt

Fire your attorney! Having said that, be a little careful about when you have the
medical. Most INS offices fall into two categories: Those that want the medical
when you file and don't care if it "expires"; those that want it for the interview
and do care.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
get
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > You can get the medical done any time you want. They are good for 18[/usenetquote2]
mths
    >
[usenetquote2]> > was the time frame I was last told - others say 12 mths).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Alex[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jennifer & Matthew wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Do you need a letter from stating you need a medical before you are[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > to get one, or can you just go to your local INS doctor and get your[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > ahead of time. I'm worried that INS will send us our interview letter really[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > quickly, and may not have time enough to get a medical done.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Jennifer[/usenetquote2]

Old May 2nd 2001, 4:13 am
Jennifer & Matthew

Well, I know that our interview should be in the next 2 months, and people on here
have already said that they have their greencard interview in Detroit, and filed
around the same time as us.... so I would like to get the medical for my husband
before we could *possibly* run into a situation where we get an interview notice only
a few days before the actual interview and require a medical. My AILA attorney was
very bad, and I know now that I never did need him, and all he wanted was our money.

Jennifer

>
    >
want
    >
it
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I was just wondering because our BAD AILA attorney told us no way can we[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > a medical. I think he just wants more money from me.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks for your reply.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > You can get the medical done any time you want. They are good for 18[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > (that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > was the time frame I was last told - others say 12 mths).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Alex[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Jennifer & Matthew wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Do you need a letter from stating you need a medical before you are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > allowed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > to get one, or can you just go to your local INS doctor and get your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > medical[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > ahead of time. I'm worried that INS will send us our interview[/usenetquote2]
letter
[usenetquote2]> > > > really quickly, and may not have time enough to get a medical done.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Jennifer[/usenetquote2]

Old May 2nd 2001, 5:28 am
Evan and Sheila

Contact your local INS Doctor to find out. The one I had to go see wouldn't do it
until I had the interview letter from the Consulate (K-1 Visa). But after a whole
lot of harassing and such they finally decided to go ahead and set up an
appointment. I only had a few weeks till my interview (asked for one as soon as
possible) so the results and such wouldn't have been back in time had I waited for
an interview letter.

Cheers, Evan

>
(that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Do you need a letter from stating you need a medical before you are[/usenetquote2]
allowed
[usenetquote2]> > to get one, or can you just go to your local INS doctor and get your[/usenetquote2]
medical
[usenetquote2]> > ahead of time. I'm worried that INS will send us our interview letter really[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > quickly, and may not have time enough to get a medical done.[/usenetquote2]

Old May 2nd 2001, 6:44 am
Jennifer & Matthew

Firstly, our attorney has given us bad advice throughout the past year. Took our
money, didn't do anything for us. Filed 3 papers that WE filled out for $2500. In
fact, if we would have waited on him to tell us last year that Matt's EAD appt letter
was there, we would have missed it by a week. They lost the paper, and had to do a
office search for it, when we went down to his office and demanded the appt letter,
because according to INS it had been mailed a month prior. We have called him many
many times over the past year to get told, "He's busy, and can't talk, he'll call you
back" and never ever has. We have talked to HIM once in the past year, only for him
to tell us the case was submitted back last May.

The current timeline according to our local INS office and the customer service
center is 12 months. We've called and confirmed this with different sources. Also,
others around us who filed *after* us, also have received their interviews. We filed
I-130 & I-485 on May 30th of 2000.

The medical is just for precautions. Only because i've heard some stories recently on
the newsgroup about how this couple in Detroit, who filed AOS in June, received their
interview letter recently and had 7 days to get a medical before the interview. The
reason why I think its because the attorney wants more money, is in his contract for
services, it states that every time he receives notification from INS, it is required
that he calls us, and forwards us the letter, which he charges an extra $100 for.
Since we found out about this, we've called INS and had all of the forms, instead of
going to our attorney, be re-routed back to our home address to avoid this. There is
just alot of bologna is his contract, and i'm trying to avoid this.

It is not that I expected our attorney to speed up our case, I expected him to always
keep us informed. I was told the medical is good for 12 months, and if we don't have
a interview in 12 months, somethings wrong.

Just my point of view on my situation.

Jennifer

[usenetquote2]> >I was just wondering because our BAD AILA attorney told us no way can we[/usenetquote2]
get
[usenetquote2]> >a medical. I think he just wants more money from me.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
result
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
was
    >
make
    >
entered
    >
and if
    >
trying
    >
    >
    >
taking
    >
from
    >
    >
    >
    >
by an
    >
    >
    >
Can
    >
why he
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 2nd 2001, 9:38 am
f1_student

"Jennifer & Matthew" <[email protected]> wrote in article
<[email protected] > :

Also, others around us who filed *after* us, also have received
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi Jennifer,

The couple you are referring to above is my wife and I and it is very true about
having very short notice to get the medical (it was 9 days though ). I tried
replying to you when you responded to my posting last week but couldn't find the
thread. I posted a new thread a few days ago to help answer your questions (I think
it had "for Jennifer&Matt" the title). It doesn't seem as though you found it so I
will give you my opinion here.

Personally, I think you should go ahead and get the medical done ASAP. I thought the
Detroit INS would give me fair warning but now I am scrambling to get the medical
results (actually I went in for the medical last Tuesday evening, after receiving the
appointment letter in the mail that day, and I just picked up the mysterious "sealed
envelope" this morning - so everything is OK!! WHEW!!). Our interview is Friday
morning so this is definitely cutting things very close! Since you filed the I-130 at
about the same time as us (before us actually) your interview should be any time now
- so just go and get the medical.

This website has a list of doctors that are licensed(?) to do the exam:

http://www.visalaw.com/docs/doctorslist.txt

This is list for the whole country so you will need to scroll down to Michigan. We
also recieved a list of Michigan doctors with our package of forms that was mailed to
us when we began the whole process. Along with the I-130, EAD, Advanced parole, etc..
forms, there was a doctors list as well as the medical exam form that the doctor has
to fill out (form I-6??, sorry but I don,t recall the # - if you need it I can get it
or one of the many helpful people on the NG may know).

F.Y.I. - The exam cost me $130 (cash - not covered by insurance) but this may differ
from doctor to doctor.

Good Luck!

Old May 2nd 2001, 12:01 pm
lisac77

We filed the I-130/I-485 about 21 months ago, and we were required to file a medical
form with it. Now, the INS has requested another medical. My husband asked them if he
could use his HIV results and MMR booster from the medical he got in 1999, and the
doctor said yes. The expiration for those tests/shots is 2 years apparently.

The medical is not covered by insurance and the fees vary from doctor to doctor.

You can get immunizations from the health department at lower rates than the
Dr's office.

Hope this helps, Lisa

>
    >
    >
    >
interview
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > You can get the medical done any time you want. They are good for 18[/usenetquote2]
mths
    >
[usenetquote2]> > was the time frame I was last told - others say 12 mths).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Alex[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jennifer & Matthew wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Do you need a letter from stating you need a medical before you are[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > to get one, or can you just go to your local INS doctor and get your[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > ahead of time. I'm worried that INS will send us our interview letter really[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > quickly, and may not have time enough to get a medical done.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Jennifer[/usenetquote2]

Old May 2nd 2001, 1:08 pm
Jennifer & Matthew

Thank you for the info!!! I appreciate it!

Jennifer

>
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >their interviews. We filed I-130 & I-485 on May 30th of 2000.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >The medical is just for precautions. Only because i've heard some[/usenetquote2]
stories
[usenetquote2]> >recently on the newsgroup about how this couple in Detroit, who filed AOS[/usenetquote2]
in
[usenetquote2]> >June, received their interview letter recently and had 7 days to get a medical[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >before the interview. The reason why I think its because the attorney wants more[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >money, is in his contract for services, it states[/usenetquote2]
that
[usenetquote2]> >every time he receives notification from INS, it is required that he[/usenetquote2]
calls
[usenetquote2]> >us, and forwards us the letter, which he charges an extra $100 for.[/usenetquote2]
Since
[usenetquote2]> >we found out about this, we've called INS and had all of the forms,[/usenetquote2]
instead
[usenetquote2]> >of going to our attorney, be re-routed back to our home address to avoid this.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >There is just alot of bologna is his contract, and i'm trying to avoid this.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
about having very short notice to get the medical (it was 9 days though ).
    >
couldn't find the thread. I posted a new thread a few days ago to help answer your
questions (I think it had "for Jennifer&Matt" the title). It doesn't seem as though
you found it so I will give you my opinion here.
    >
    >
thought the Detroit INS would give me fair warning but now I am scrambling to get the
medical results (actually I went in for the medical last Tuesday evening, after
receiving the appointment letter in the mail that day, and I just picked up the
mysterious "sealed envelope" this morning - so everything is OK!! WHEW!!). Our
interview is Friday morning so this is definitely cutting things very close! Since
you filed the I-130 at about the same time as us (before us actually) your interview
should be any time now - so just go and get the medical.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Michigan.
    >
was mailed to us when we began the whole process. Along with the I-130, EAD, Advanced
parole, etc.. forms, there was a doctors list as well as the medical exam form that
the doctor has to fill out (form I-6??, sorry but I don,t recall the # - if you need
it I can get it or one of the many helpful people on the NG may know).
    >
    >
may differ from doctor to doctor.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 8th 2001, 3:37 pm
vze2bwtv

Package 4 will come with the interview date and the medical exam information (among
other things). My wife's pk 4 came about 2 weeks ago and they gave her about a month
and a half (interview's on June 5th) to get everything in order, including the med.
examinations.

So they should give you plenty of time to do everything.

Good Luck

Jennifer & Matthew wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 8th 2001, 4:20 pm
Eben Haezer

Which Embassy is she going through ?