Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

INS kinda arsed up my application, thus - phone number/email address of a USCIS req..

Wikiposts

INS kinda arsed up my application, thus - phone number/email address of a USCIS req..

Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Ankh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default INS kinda arsed up my application, thus - phone number/email address of a USCIS req..

Hey all...

Got my 3 Notice of Action receipts today, 2 of them are fine, 1 of them has someone elses A Number on it (even though it has my correct information) thus been in contact with the CIS etc on the phone, ended up being passed around a ton until i was finally given to some immigration officer, who apologised and basically told me it wont effect my case, or whether i'd be granted residency etc etc (figured, but nice to hear it) and that they made a balls up (ok, not the words they used) so i've had to send off photocopies with a letter explaining the situation to the office so they can correct it.

Anyhow, in the mean time - is their any way i can contact this particular office via phone/email?:

US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Lee's Summit, MO office? not exactly sure which that is, if you want a full address let me know, i just didnt know how much of the address i should be putting on here anyhow.

Anyhoo, Nice to come on here with a dramatic story, and to know its not my fault...makes a change lol - if anyone has any contacts via phone or mail, or a web address or something please let me know.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:22 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: INS kinda arsed up my application, thus - phone number/email address of a USCIS req..

Ankh,

That would be the National Benefits Center (formerly the Missouri Service Center).

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Ankh
Hey all...

Got my 3 Notice of Action receipts today, 2 of them are fine, 1 of them has someone elses A Number on it (even though it has my correct information) thus been in contact with the CIS etc on the phone, ended up being passed around a ton until i was finally given to some immigration officer, who apologised and basically told me it wont effect my case, or whether i'd be granted residency etc etc (figured, but nice to hear it) and that they made a balls up (ok, not the words they used) so i've had to send off photocopies with a letter explaining the situation to the office so they can correct it.

Anyhow, in the mean time - is their any way i can contact this particular office via phone/email?:

US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Lee's Summit, MO office? not exactly sure which that is, if you want a full address let me know, i just didnt know how much of the address i should be putting on here anyhow.

Anyhoo, Nice to come on here with a dramatic story, and to know its not my fault...makes a change lol - if anyone has any contacts via phone or mail, or a web address or something please let me know.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: INS kinda arsed up my application, thus - phone number/email address of a USCIS req..

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Ankh,

That would be the National Benefits Center (formerly the Missouri Service Center).

Regards, JEff
Thankyou very much good sir, appreciate it
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ankh
Hey all...

I for one had two different numbers on my NOA's and was concerned about it. But I didn't do anything about it and so far everything has gone fine.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=183443

Having said that, I just noticed NOW looking at my interview letter, that it has a different A# on it too! In my case, if USCIS bolloxed it up, let 'em sort it out at the interview.
I'm not going to worry about it as other people (with multiple #'s) have posted that at their interview the officer chose one number and used that as a reference.
I guess you could write to NBC and try to clear it up for your own peace of mind .
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mrsm
I for one had two different numbers on my NOA's and was concerned about it. But I didn't do anything about it and so far everything has gone fine.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=183443

Having said that, I just noticed NOW looking at my interview letter, that it has a different A# on it too! In my case, if USCIS bolloxed it up, let 'em sort it out at the interview.
I'm not going to worry about it as other people (with multiple #'s) have posted that at their interview the officer chose one number and used that as a reference.
I guess you could write to NBC and try to clear it up for your own peace of mind .
Thanks very much for the reply, i already feel more at ease just knowing i'm not the only one its happened to, i appreciate it a bunch.