Wikiposts

Information number

Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Information number

Okay this morning I called the 1-800-375-5823 number in reference to my I-129f application. I have been consistently told that after sixty days I can make an inquiry and receive information about the status of my case. The call went like this...
Amy answered the phone and took a lot of information about me. I would have figured the 13 digit number would suffice but no. They wanted my name, address, e-mail, two telephone numbers, my wifes name, and my underwear size (just joking).

After getting all this info and asking on four different occasions if my mailing address had changed I was informed that an inquiry would be made and that I will be allowed to make another inquiry after thirty days.

I questioned Amy and she informed me that neither my congressman, an attorney, nor the AILA can get any information more quickly.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:42 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Information number

Originally posted by lpdiver
Okay this morning I called the 1-800-375-5823 number in reference to my I-129f application. I have been consistently told that after sixty days I can make an inquiry and receive information about the status of my case. The call went like this...
Amy answered the phone and took a lot of information about me. I would have figured the 13 digit number would suffice but no. They wanted my name, address, e-mail, two telephone numbers, my wifes name, and my underwear size (just joking).

After getting all this info and asking on four different occasions if my mailing address had changed I was informed that an inquiry would be made and that I will be allowed to make another inquiry after thirty days.

I questioned Amy and she informed me that neither my congressman, an attorney, nor the AILA can get any information more quickly.
So it's true that you're only allowed one inquiry per thirty day period. What's the reasoning for that? And when are you supposed to receive their answer? In 60 days???
Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
So it's true that you're only allowed one inquiry per thirty day period. What's the reasoning for that? And when are you supposed to receive their answer? In 60 days???
I am calling my congress WOman in a few minutes just to see what they have to say about that.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42

>>And when are you supposed to receive their answer?

Oops I forgot within thirty days. I wonder if you call and ask about lack of a reply within thirty days if that counts towards you question for the next thirty days> Of if you ask whoyou are speaking to....lmao. Gotta laugh or go postal.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 3:48 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Tony,

Who are you calling?? I thought there was no way to contact Missouri via phone.

Leslie

Old Oct 20th 2003, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Leslie66
Tony,

Who are you calling?? I thought there was no way to contact Missouri via phone.

Leslie
>>Okay this morning I called the 1-800-375-5823 number in reference to my I-129f application.

I don't think I ever said anything about the MSC/NBC.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

>>Okay this morning I called the 1-800-375-5823 number in reference to my I-129f application.

I don't think I ever said anything about the MSC/NBC.

I guess I don't get it. I thought your I-129f was through Missouri? Is that just the main information line for all service centers?

Leslie
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

I guess I don't get it. I thought your I-129f was through Missouri? Is that just the main information line for all service centers?

Leslie
Yes there is one number now. They don't want to be bothered by us. The old numbers either roll you over or give you a recording to contact the new number. They are well insulated from all scrutiny. It ALMOST makes me want to participate in one of the information mining efforts but not yet. As long as my application has not been misplaced I am okay but they no longer give us a way to judge that. I can live with a question every thirty days if it give an intelligble answer. I am not interested in being process ahead of anybody else just don't want to gwet lost in the fray. It doesn't happen as often as I would have thought but it does happen often enough. If it happens to you it is 100 percent and that is just the sort of luck I typically have. I am like Charlie Brown with the cloud following me.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:26 am
WTF?

Poor Charlie Brown. Don't think that way. Think positive. I know it sounds corny, but it really works. You're in the same frame of mind I was right before I got my 2nd NOA. Your approval is coming soon and so is Heba's and Michael's. Your turn is coming.

Leslie

Yes there is one number now. They don't want to be bothered by us. The old numbers either roll you over or give you a recording to contact the new number. They are well insulated from all scrutiny. It ALMOST makes me want to participate in one of the information mining efforts but not yet. As long as my application has not been misplaced I am okay but they no longer give us a way to judge that. I can live with a question every thirty days if it give an intelligble answer. I am not interested in being process ahead of anybody else just don't want to gwet lost in the fray. It doesn't happen as often as I would have thought but it does happen often enough. If it happens to you it is 100 percent and that is just the sort of luck I typically have. I am like Charlie Brown with the cloud following me.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Poor Charlie Brown. Don't think that way. Think positive. I know it sounds corny, but it really works. You're in the same frame of mind I was right before I got my 2nd NOA. Your approval is coming soon and so is Heba's and Michael's. Your turn is coming.

Leslie
I know... I am just impatient.