Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Is it Infopass time? N400 Question

Is it Infopass time? N400 Question

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:41 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future
Default Is it Infopass time? N400 Question

We sent in the N400 app about 10 days before the price increase.
App was received, check cashed. No issues so far.
2 weeks later, Letter received, Notice to appear for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting done...

Now for the question / issue.

Since then.... nothing.. Nada.. zilch... zip.

Current processing time on the UCIS website for Philly is June 29th.

The NOA said that the max time it should take to process is 1 year, does that 1 year date go from the actual date of receipt or the date on the letter mailed bearing in mind the huge delay in them sending out the receipt notices and massive discrepancy on date.

Is it Infopass time to chase?

Thanks
Graham
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:06 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it Infopass time? N400 Question

Hi Graham,
My husband sent in the N400 in November and even though we were waiting patiently for an interview date, we saw several posters on this group who had applied far later than he did and already had interview dates.

We made an Infopass appt. for July 8th, explained the situation to the officer who was sympathetic and called Nebraska. He called us later that afternoon to update us and five days later he had an interview letter in the mailbox for August 25th.

I would make the appt., particularly if your office is closeby. Our appt. was very helpful!

~SecretGarden
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
We sent in the N400 app about 10 days before the price increase.
App was received, check cashed. No issues so far.
2 weeks later, Letter received, Notice to appear for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting done...

Now for the question / issue.

Since then.... nothing.. Nada.. zilch... zip.

Current processing time on the UCIS website for Philly is June 29th.

The NOA said that the max time it should take to process is 1 year, does that 1 year date go from the actual date of receipt or the date on the letter mailed bearing in mind the huge delay in them sending out the receipt notices and massive discrepancy on date.

Is it Infopass time to chase?

Thanks
Graham
It's not uncommon to take more than a year. See posts by Jenny & Mark. If you're curious, you can make an Infopass appointment to see if they can shed any light on your delay.

Rene
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:47 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's not uncommon to take more than a year. See posts by Jenny & Mark. If you're curious, you can make an Infopass appointment to see if they can shed any light on your delay.

Rene
Hey Rene,
What you're saying is quite true. We actually felt guilty taking up this officer's time for a case that was not outside expected processing times......but we are glad we did. He was able to see if we were hung up in namecheck or if there was a problem with the fingerprints for some reason. We were surprised to get the interview letter so quickly after the appt., but I'm convinced that it was because we spoke to the officer about it.

As I said, if the OP's office is nearby, it's certainly worth a shot!

~SG
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say it is infopass time as you are past the "now processing" date.

Might kick start them as in SG's case.

Hard to compare areas as they all differ, but I'm in a busy one - I sent my N400 to Texas around the 16th of Aug last year, and my interview is...tomorrow!

On my NOA is said "Up to 730 days" - not that that is anything to go by.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If you filed at the end of July, you're not outside of the posted processing date by the required 30 days (to qualify for a service request).

BUT, if it's not too much trouble to get to your DO, an InfoPass appointment can't hurt, and may shake something loose.

If it were me, I'd go in. But the DO is a 10 minute bike ride from my home.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
If you filed at the end of July, you're not outside of the posted processing date by the required 30 days (to qualify for a service request).

BUT, if it's not too much trouble to get to your DO, an InfoPass appointment can't hurt, and may shake something loose.

If it were me, I'd go in. But the DO is a 10 minute bike ride from my home.
Way I read it was that if the current processing date is 29th of June, he's outside the bracket if he filed at the end of July?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:32 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Yep -- take a look at my posts on Mark's N-400 application saga. It took over 14 months after his receipt date before we heard a thing.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Way I read it was that if the current processing date is 29th of June, he's outside the bracket if he filed at the end of July?
The posted processing date is 29 June 2007.
If that date was 30+ days past his filing date, he would be 'outside' normal processing.

His filing date is (let's say, since he did not) July 20. When the posted processing date is August 21, he's outside normal processing.

... I think I explained it right.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

If that date was 30+ days past his filing date, he would be 'outside' normal processing.

Thats the bit I was missing!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:45 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

The posted processing date is 29 June 2007.

His filing date is (let's say, since he did not) July 20. When the posted processing date is August 21, he's outside normal processing.

... I think I explained it right.
Thanks meauxna, Now I understand how they calculate the date. Philly's only 30 miles up the road so not to much hassle to get to. I'll book the infopass cause I'd really ike to at least try to kick start them a wee but if possible.

Thanks to everyone for their input and advise.

Grahan