Wikiposts

Indian and VISA Questions

Old Dec 6th 2013, 4:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian and VISA Questions

Originally Posted by heavenceo
... the us does not cancel a visa if you dont use it...
The visa is valid until the day it expires whether you use it or not.

... i read on other forums...
I suggest you stop reading other forums. You are getting bad information from them.

Ian
Old Dec 6th 2013, 5:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heavenceo
i was traveling to us on january but will delay my trip because of work, the us does not cancel a visa if you dont use it...
If this is a question, the answer is still no.

because i read on other forums they do routine checks and cancel it if you dont travel thanks
That is incorrect.

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2013, 6:30 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I have actually engaged in litigation regarding revocation of non-immigrant visas. There is usually some damn good reason for it -- and non-use is not one of them.

The case I litigated involved an F-1 student visa where kid's father used a "broker" in home country to get visa. Kid comes to US and, lo and behold, attends the school just like he is supposed to. Broker gets busted and all visas handled through his office are cancelled. Kid goes home for Christmas and goes to return to resume his studies -- tilt. [Under current law, he would have been summarily excluded, but the case was back in the early 1990's].

I actually won the case in a published court of appeals decision. Apparently, this caused an interagency "WTF" from State to Justice. So a petition for rehearing in that the Court ignored the Vogon's notice of impending doom buried in the Federal Register in the late 1950's [which is not searchable on-line, it is too old]. Of course, the reason the Court ignored it was because everybody else had ignored it too. Court reversed itself. This case still bothers me.