Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Immigration with the Reconciliation Bill

Immigration with the Reconciliation Bill

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Hallsy_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration with the Reconciliation Bill

Hi all,

Considering this will be the largest progress in US immigration for quite some years, I imagine people are following this closely.

I know the Democrats are revising their bill to take back to the Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough to review however if this gets approved in it's current state, do we know how it would affect our current applications?

I for example, have an active I-130 case but am reading that there will be a Super-Fee that can be paid that could speed up my application significantly. I am currently processed in the F1 category but interested to understand other people's interpretation and understanding of the bill in it's current state.

I acknowledge this bill could change many times before it gets approved, or may not even be approved at all, so please do not comment if it is to confirm anything that I have already acknowledged.

Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 4:10 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration with the Reconciliation Bill

The only uodate i read about related to works related adjustment:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta...igration-bill/

Given how hard it will be to pass the bill anyway I can’t see how they will try to put immigration in there since it has little political benefit, if it is I would imagine it would be to the benefit of business/donors not family related.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was pulled, the Parliamentarian ruled against it.

Is your PD current?
Old Sep 24th 2021, 12:00 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration reform does not belong in a budget bill, and last I heard those provisions have been removed.

Honestly, right now it looks like the whole measure will go down anyway - or at the very least be significantly scaled back.