Wikiposts

immigration problem please help

Old May 8th 2013, 5:13 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration problem please help

We know that? How?

You're a very trusting soul, good thing you're not a consular or CBP officer.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You know that, and we know that, ...
Old May 8th 2013, 5:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
We know that? How?
Hypothetically.

Rene
Old May 8th 2013, 5:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polyester
CFR 217.4 (A)(1)...
"(1) An alien who applies for admission under the provisions of section 217 of the Act, who is determined by an immigration officer not to be eligible for admission under that section or to be inadmissible to the United States under one or more of the grounds of inadmissibility listed in section 212 of the Act (other than for lack of a visa), or who is in possession of and presents fraudulent or counterfeit travel documents, will be refused admission into the United States and removed. Such refusal and removal shall be made at the level of the port director or officer-in-charge, or an officer acting in that capacity, and shall be effected without referral of the alien to an immigration judge for further inquiry, examination, or hearing, except that an alien who presents himself or herself as an applicant for admission under section 217 of the Act and applies for asylum in the United States must be issued a Form I-863, Notice of Referral to Immigration Judge, for a proceeding in accordance with 8 CFR 208.2(c)(1) and (c)(2). (Paragraph (a)(1) revised effective 11/28/09; 74 FR 55725) (Paragraph (a)(1) revised effective 4/1/97; 62 FR 10312)"

Note that the word "poor" doesn't exist in there... but there are several references to documents! You couldn't or didn't provide documents... end of story.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; May 8th 2013 at 5:39 am.
Old May 8th 2013, 6:15 am
Just Joined

polyester is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
The law requires that you convincingly demonstrate that intention, not just say it.

That is a reason to deny. More appropriately stated, you were dismissed because you did not demostrate that you had adequate finances to be able to afford the visit.

US immigration law requires that you convincingly demonstrate your nonimmigrant intent and that you can afford your visit to the USA. If you do not do so the law requires that the CBP officer deny entry. The guy was just doing his job, and doing it correctly.

Regards, JEff
well... i had 1000 dollars for 2 months and they said that was not enough. i know i can live with that amount of money anywhere for much more than 2 months. i find it really frustrating to have to convince someone that i can eat sandwiches for 2 months and do couch surfing. But i guess here we are talking about some pretty classist shit right? He doesn't see this as a viable way of doing tourism cos he probably does tourism in a different way, like staying in hotels and basically burning money, cos that makes him feel his life and work is worth something. Quite imperialistic and capitalistic, i wouldn't expect anything else from an american immigration officer. If I had his job i would have killed myself LONG ago. It's appalling the way they deal with mexico I think. What is more appalling is that American people doesn't do anything about it because they are ok with perpetuating the status quo and don't see this as the most racist shit going on in the world these days. Naively I thought being white and European would sort me out but hey, seems they are classist as well.

I just realized they probably rejected me for being a "potential public agitator"? lol

(it's not funny)
Old May 8th 2013, 6:24 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Naively I thought being white and European would sort me out
Now who's being superior and racist now? I'm not at all sure why you want to come to the US, seeing as you have done nothing but slag it since you opened this thread. I suggest that you and the love of your life find a third country to meet up in.
Old May 8th 2013, 6:26 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

well... i had 1000 dollars for 2 months and they said that was not enough. i know i can live with that amount of money anywhere for much more than 2 months. i find it really frustrating to have to convince someone that i can eat sandwiches for 2 months and do couch surfing. But i guess here we are talking about some pretty classist shit right? He doesn't see this as a viable way of doing tourism cos he probably does tourism in a different way, like staying in hotels and basically burning money, cos that makes him feel his life and work is worth something. Quite imperialistic and capitalistic, i wouldn't expect anything else from an american immigration officer. If I had his job i would have killed myself LONG ago. It's appalling the way they deal with mexico I think. What is more appalling is that American people doesn't do anything about it because they are ok with perpetuating the status quo and don't see this as the most racist shit going on in the world these days. Naively I thought being white and European would sort me out but hey, seems they are classist as well.

I just realized they probably rejected me for being a "potential public agitator"? lol

(it's not funny)
LOL that's quite a rant.

Here's the thing about getting into the USA (or getting a job somewhere or a promotion or any number of other things in life) - Your standards don't necessarily apply. So you have to conform and bend over backwards to do what the big man wants you to do.

Most people swallow their pride and consider it a small price to pay in order to get something they really want. Conversely, you seem like the archetypal rebel-without-a-cause and will therefore always be destined to lose out - unless you learn to back down and follow other people's rules, at least some of the time.
Old May 8th 2013, 6:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You continue to attribute to an individual CBP officer what is written into US immigration law. As long as you do that you will not be successful in visiting the USA. You need to meet the requirements set by law.

Regards, JEff
Old May 8th 2013, 6:41 am
Just Joined

polyester is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Now who's being superior and racist now? I'm not at all sure why you want to come to the US, seeing as you have done nothing but slag it since you opened this thread. I suggest that you and the love of your life find a third country to meet up in.
well... i was hoping you noticed the irony on the sentence.

I am not slagging the US just because. All countries have borders therefore they are racist. But your country is really too much. I am just someone who refuses to work but I do grow my vegetables and work for my community hours a day and get money from donations. My parents were ok to pay for my trip, because i don't ask them money ever. Anyways that is not the case.

I just think you should realize of the diversity this is preventing you from, in the name of a security that is just a political fantasy.

But I don't want to argue about this, I gave up on that long ago, and that is why i retired to my community when i was 22. And I think I am not getting any positive feedback from this thread, appart from Rene who has been quite helpful.

Thanks anyway folks. TAKE CARE!
Old May 8th 2013, 7:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I got it ... Your a pikey ....no lucky heather for me ....
Old May 8th 2013, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I got it ... Your a pikey ....no lucky heather for me ....
Best answer all day
Old May 8th 2013, 10:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

All countries have borders therefore they are racist.
With respect, I don't think you fully understand the meaning of the word "racist".

Ian
Old May 8th 2013, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute

i find it really frustrating to have to convince someone that i can eat sandwiches for 2 months and do couch surfing. But i guess here we are talking about some pretty classist shit right?
I know the OP has maybe gone but I honestly cannot believe some people

I assume the people who have the 'couch' have gone out and worked and paid for it?
Old May 8th 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

I think your boyfriend "dodged a bullet"
Old May 8th 2013, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TopSec
I know the OP has maybe gone but I honestly cannot believe some people

I assume the people who have the 'couch' have gone out and worked and paid for it?
And Mum and Dad.
Old May 8th 2013, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, I don't think you fully understand the meaning of the word "racist".

Ian
I am pretty sure that to suggest that is also racist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.