Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Immigration parent and brother waiting time

Wikiposts

Immigration parent and brother waiting time

Old May 28th 2007, 7:09 am
-David

Default Immigration parent and brother waiting time

Hi,
I hope if anyone has experience will give me advice. I submit I-130
application for my mother. Also, I have another I-130 application for
my brother which I did not submit yet. I wonder if I should wait till
my mother application approve first then she can apply for my brother
(27 years old) or I should submit the application for him from now?

Does anyone know how long the parent application take till it approve?

Thanks,
David

Old May 28th 2007, 7:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration parent and brother waiting time

Originally Posted by -David
Hi,
I hope if anyone has experience will give me advice. I submit I-130
application for my mother. Also, I have another I-130 application for
my brother which I did not submit yet. I wonder if I should wait till
my mother application approve first then she can apply for my brother
(27 years old) or I should submit the application for him from now?

Does anyone know how long the parent application take till it approve?

Thanks,
David
Hi David,

You are a USC, right? An I-130 for the parent of a USC takes about the same as a spouse I-130....somewhere between 6 to 12 months, depending on what country she's from.

You can certainly petition for your brother now, but the process is around 12 years long. The longer you delay, the more time you add. Your mom can petition for your brother when she becomes a USC, which is about 5 or 6 years after she comes to the USA. After that, I think it's normal processing time again, like maybe a year or so. Your brother is allowed to have both I-130's in the system...the one you file, AND the one your mom files. He will follow whichever one comes first. I am not sure if your mom can file her son's I-130 while she's still a PR and then have it upgraded when she becomes a citizen. If your brother marries at any point during the waiting process, the I-130's become void.

Rene
Old May 28th 2007, 7:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link to read about it: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Looks like your mom, as a PR, can file an I-130 for her unmarried son over age 21, however a visa number is not immediately available for that category. Not sure how long the wait is, though.

Rene
Old May 28th 2007, 7:58 am

Here's the link to see the processing time: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3236.html

Looks like for unmarried sons of a PR, they are processing from 10 years ago. Unmarried sons of USC's, from 6 years ago.

Rene
Old May 29th 2007, 3:46 am
-David

Rene

Thanks you very much for the information, I am going to apply for him
from now.

David