Wikiposts

Immigration Paperwork

Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Paperwork

Originally Posted by SafariGirl
Nope he wasn't charged with anything. He's never been arrested or in any kinds of trouble what so ever. The only thing is that he came here on a student visa. We had gotten married before his visa was to be renewed and he had fallen out of status. Also to mention we didn't get married because his visa was going to run out. Thats not the case. But I had gone to numerous counts of hearings and interviews with people at the detention center and was there just about everyday to take care of things. I'm just not really sure what to do. With the next hearing being next week I'm not just gonna ask the judge questions because its just a hearing about updates on our I-130. By the way I'm a US citizen born and raised here.
So someone from immigration just walked up to your husband on the street and said "you're out of status, come with us?" That just doesn't make sense to me. Unless someone was specifically keeping track of people with student visas who did not renew the visa, and then finding them and coming to their homes to bring them to detention. Who knows.

If you don't want to get a new attorney, I guess all you can do is follow the I-130 through its course. At some point perhaps you can ask the judge what to do...but if I were you, I'd have at least a 1-time consultation with another attorney. And forget about traveling overseas until this is all settled and he has his green card.

Rene
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:46 am
-George

SafariGirl wrote:

> Divorce is not an option. I would never have a divorce over something
> like this.

You sure he doesnt have other wives at home? These people usually do.

In any case DO NOT go live in Kuwait. Women do not have it easy there.

Old Mar 8th 2007, 1:18 pm
GeekBoy

"ian-mstm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
>> SafariGirl wrote:
>>
>> > Hopefully I can find some answers on some concerning questions that
>> > I
>> > have. I'm married to a guy from Kuwait for almost 3 years in May.
>> > the rest of our paperwork as we were instructed to do so. I work and
>> > my
>> > husband stays home.
>>
>> I bet he's watching AlJazeera all day (when he's not praying).
>>
>> > So all of that said and done is there anyway that my
>> > husband and I could possibly go to Kuwait
>>
>> Brilliant idea. When you'll not be locked up in the house you'll
>> only be
>> allowed out dressed in a burka and accompanied by him or his
>> nice family.
>>
>>
>> > will he get his bond money back? Any answers and advice would be
>> > greatly
>> > appreciated.
>>
>> Divorce?
>
> I thought GeekBoy was the only racist xenophobic f**k in this forum...
> but I see you've joined him!

What "race" is Arab???

*PLONK*

>
> Ian
>
> --

Old Mar 8th 2007, 2:49 pm
-Georgie

Noorah101 wrote:

> So someone from immigration just walked up to your husband on the street
> and said "you're out of status, come with us?" That just doesn't make
> sense to me. Unless someone was specifically keeping track of people
> with student visas who did not renew the visa, and then finding them and
> coming to their homes to bring them to detention. Who knows.

Maybe Homeland Security was involved? Muslims on student visas but not
attending school...where have we heard this before?

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:07 pm
Finalizer

"georgie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Noorah101 wrote:
|
| > So someone from immigration just walked up to your husband on the street
| > and said "you're out of status, come with us?" That just doesn't make
| > sense to me. Unless someone was specifically keeping track of people
| > with student visas who did not renew the visa, and then finding them and
| > coming to their homes to bring them to detention. Who knows.
|
| Maybe Homeland Security was involved? Muslims on student visas but not
| attending school...where have we heard this before?

Are there immigration processes nowadays where Homeland Security is NOT
involved?
Do you know that USCIS is under Homeland Security?
The question still stands. What did her husband do which resulted in being
discovered that he has fallen out of status? The OP doesn't seem to be
willing to let us know or perhaps she doesn't know what her husband did.
Homeland Security does not have homing transmitter installed in every
out-of-status alien to make it easy to know when one has fallen out of
status.

Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:39 am
DJA
Just Joined

DJA is an unknown quantity at this point

If your husband leaves U.S. before getting his green card, it will automatically trigger a 10 year ban (because of his overstay) and he will not be able to come back. Like everyone else my advice is not to travel abroad before getting the green card.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:49 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeekBoy
What "race" is Arab?
It seems that you and the other xenophobic poster have assumed that because the guy is from Kuwait that he must be Muslim and/or Arab. The OP never said he was, so you don't know for sure! You can believe what you want... it doesn't make it true!

Ian
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

SafariGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I really want to go to Kuwait. So it doesn't really matter. It just seems as though everybody stereotypes Arabic countries in the Mid-East. Not everybody is the same. I've already met everybody in my husband's family and extended family and friends. They are great people. So it doesn't scare me to go there. I didn't come here to ask whether or not I should go to Kuwait. I came here for advice on paperwork and how I should go about them. So if any of you guys have real suggestions and not ignorant remarks then please let me know. Also where I could find a new immigration attorney would be great.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Also my husband is only 25. He came here when he was almost 18. He has no other wives at all. Believe me if he did I would find out lol. His family would let me know. I'd have to beat him down lol. Anyhow I believe that immigration had told him that when you come here on a student visa and don't graduate college that they turn you over to something called BICE or something like that and they will locate you. Then apparently they go and pick you up. We never knew that until last year. But like I said he wasn't charged with anything. I've read over all of the paperwork from immigration and the detention center stuff and there are no charges on them. Its just weird. It ruined my whole year.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also my husband is only 25. He came here when he was almost 18. He has no other wives at all. Believe me if he did I would find out lol. His family would let me know. I'd have to beat him down lol. Anyhow I believe that immigration had told him that when you come here on a student visa and don't graduate college that they turn you over to something called BICE or something like that and they will locate you. Then apparently they go and pick you up. We never knew that until last year. But like I said he wasn't charged with anything. I've read over all of the paperwork from immigration and the detention center stuff and there are no charges on them. Its just weird. It ruined my whole year.
If you're absolutely set on visiting Kuwait while his AOS is in process, then he will need to file form I-131 for Advance Parole. However, I'm still not sure you're filing the AOS correctly. If you haven't filed an I-485, then the I-131 won't be accepted either. If you've only filed an I-130, I suppose there's nothing stopping him from going to Kuwait. If he overstayed in the USA at any time, though, he could face a ban from returning to the USA...so watch out. Also, on what visa will he be returning to the USA after his trip to Kuwait? The I-130 means nothing right now as far as his status goes. He'll still need a way to enter the USA from Kuwait.

Go to www.ailalawyer.com to find an attorney. Or your yellow pages.

Best Wishes,
Rene
p.s. - ignore the two posters that are giving you a hard time, they are trolls.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Well we won't be going to Kuwait unless I know that he will be able to come back here. I don't want him to be banned and neither does he. We just don't understand everything that is happening right now. I just didn't know what we have to do in order to leave and come back or go there for a few years. I mean if even it takes like three years or so for all of the paperwork and green card to come. Then he could go back to Kuwait and finish school and everything there instead of staying here and not doing anything. I mean if he could work he would but he's not going to jeopardize anything and get sent home and be banned forever. Its just really hard.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:52 pm

Well we won't be going to Kuwait unless I know that he will be able to come back here. I don't want him to be banned and neither does he. We just don't understand everything that is happening right now. I just didn't know what we have to do in order to leave and come back or go there for a few years. I mean if even it takes like three years or so for all of the paperwork and green card to come. Then he could go back to Kuwait and finish school and everything there instead of staying here and not doing anything. I mean if he could work he would but he's not going to jeopardize anything and get sent home and be banned forever. Its just really hard.
The way I see it, you've only filed an I-130, which could take a year or more to process. If he wants to go back to Kuwait and wait there until his immigrant visa interview comes (which will be in Kuwait, anyway), then he could do that. I don't see a problem there....unless he does happen to incur a ban. A lawyer would have to determine that.

Or, you could start all over again here and file a complete AOS package (write in and cancel the ongoing I-130 and refile a complete AOS package) which includes work authorization. That way he can at least work while waiting for the AOS interview, which will probably take less than a year.

I'm not an attorney...but those are the two options I can see as a layman.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2007, 2:02 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

PLEASE listen to what Rene is telling you: you MUST go and see an experienced immigration attorney to help you sort through all this. It is clear from your posts that you are unfamiliar even with the basic nuts and bolts of AOS. Given the added complications of your husband's case, there is just no way you can sort this out without qualified help.

Find an attorney in your area by searching at www.ailalawyer.com.

Good luck!