British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Immigration Lawyer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/immigration-lawyer-896427/)

LindseyR May 7th 2017 7:08 am

Immigration Lawyer

Hi
I am looking for a good immigration lawyer. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Twinkle0927 May 7th 2017 11:45 am

Re: Immigration Lawyer

Originally Posted by LindseyR (Post 12246723)
Hi
I am looking for a good immigration lawyer. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Depends on what you need one for. Most people here didn't need a lawyer as we had a simple and clear path to immigration. And you may not need one either - most cases don't. If you are immigrating for work purposes then the company will provide and pay for the lawyer. If you need a lawyer specialized in waivers of ineligibility then there is a thread here about such circumstances. If it's regular family-based immigration with no previous denials, bans, overstays, criminal records or drug use you can do this without a lawyer.

nelson2 May 7th 2017 11:49 am

I highly recommend Steven Heller of SDH immigration based in Brighton. Just google his firm

LindseyR May 7th 2017 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927 (Post 12246837)
Depends on what you need one for. Most people here didn't need a lawyer as we had a simple and clear path to immigration. And you may not need one either - most cases don't. If you are immigrating for work purposes then the company will provide and pay for the lawyer. If you need a lawyer specialized in waivers of ineligibility then there is a thread here about such circumstances. If it's regular family-based immigration with no previous denials, bans, overstays, criminal records or drug use you can do this without a lawyer.

Thanks for the reply. I do need lawyer as i'm looking at an E2 or an EB5 visa. We are a bit of a different case. UK citizens but living in Dubai for a long time. Ideally would like to find an immigration lawyer that has been successful with people in our situation for those type of visas.

S Folinsky May 10th 2017 6:54 pm

J Craig Fong at fongaquino.com in Pasadena, California.

hmvsdog May 12th 2017 2:16 pm

My company use Murthy Law Firm. They helped me out well with my applications very professionally.

cranston May 16th 2017 2:45 am

Originally Posted by LindseyR (Post 12246851)
I do need lawyer as i'm looking at an E2 or an EB5 visa. .

No direct experience of the man but I was told Lincoln Stone is one of the best, or the best EB5 lawyer in the country. He is not cheap.

Lincoln Stone – Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP