Immigration Interview

Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:58 am
Just Joined

billiardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Interview

I have a quick question regarding the interview.

The checklist of items to take mentions birth certificates for all children of this marriage. Is 'children of this marriage' purely referring to children as a result of the marriage? My wife (the USC) has two children from a prior marriage and currently can't locate the youngest's birth certificate... if it isn't required then I'll happily tell her to stop tearing the house apart looking for it!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Interview

Originally Posted by billiardo
My wife (the USC) has two children from a prior marriage...
Presumably, her two children are also USCs... in which case, their B/Cs are not required. If the children are not USCs, then the answer will depend on whether or not they are currently in the US!

Ian
Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

billiardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the reply. They are both USC's, so the 'house tearing up' can cease now! :-)
Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:29 pm
Banned

privateinvestigator is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever the answer, no need to tear the house up. Go to the Health department for new Birth Cert. No big deal..
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by privateinvestigator
Go to the Health department for new Birth Cert.
Alas, you have no idea where the children were born. You're assuming they were born in the US which may or may not be the case. You're also assuming that the mother isn't a naturalized USC in which case the children were also naturalized. There's nothing in the OP's two posts that give you any clues at all. Indeed... you simply have no clue!

Ian
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Health Department? Maybe in Tennessee, but not in any of the 4 states that I've lived in.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by privateinvestigator
Go to the Health department for new Birth Cert.