Immigration Companies from the UK

Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:34 am
Just Joined

sjb3310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Companies from the UK

Hi all,

has anyone used the advertised Immigration Companies to assist the application in gaining entry into the States?

My background: I want to move to the States in 2 years time but i dont currently meet any criteria (heartbraking) or i dont think i do even though i would class my self as a model citizen with 22 years Military service behind me and no criminal record etc, so i dont know if these companies assist very well, i would love to hear from anyone who has used this route, i know it is expensive, but maybe it would be worth it?

Thanks for your time in reading this
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:43 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Companies from the UK

A company can't do anything if you truly don't meet any of the criteria.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all

Most, if not all companies who advertise that they can help to get you a US visa are scammers. Since nearly everyone who applies for a US visa has to go in person to the US embassy, you don't need a visa agent, either. The only people or agencies that can truly help you get a visa in the US are :

- your prospective US employer
- your existing UK employer (for L1/2)
- your prospective spouse
- some other US based sponsoring agency (if talking about a J1 or similar)
- your business and your money ($500K +)
- a legitimate immigration lawywer (if you satisfy the criteria for a visa)
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:57 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjb3310
Hi all,

has anyone used the advertised Immigration Companies to assist the application in gaining entry into the States?

My background: I want to move to the States in 2 years time but i dont currently meet any criteria (heartbraking) or i dont think i do even though i would class my self as a model citizen with 22 years Military service behind me and no criminal record etc, so i dont know if these companies assist very well, i would love to hear from anyone who has used this route, i know it is expensive, but maybe it would be worth it?

Don't waste your money.

This questionnaire will let you know if you have a chance: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Better spending your money so you meet the criteria, and then hope.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Don't waste your money.

This questionnaire will let you know if you have a chance: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified
Thanks for this questionnaire, very detailed and intresting, but i just cant see where i meet the criteria, it is very hard to get in, sometimes i feel i am penalised as a Brit!

I dont really know to much about green card visa, i know about the lottery (again being British i cant enter) do they last for a year and can you re apply whilst still in the states? i do appologise for my ignorance
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this questionnaire, very detailed and intresting, but i just cant see where i meet the criteria, it is very hard to get in, sometimes i feel i am penalised as a Brit!
Don't worry, you're not being penalised as a Brit. It's equally difficult for anyone from anywhere to get into the USA. There is a narrow field of criteria, and if you don't fit it, you don't get to the USA as anything other than a visitor.

I dont really know to much about green card visa, i know about the lottery (again being British i cant enter) do they last for a year and can you re apply whilst still in the states? i do appologise for my ignorance
What is a "green card visa"?

Rene
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Green Card - Legal Permanent Resident.

If you really want to move then you need to position yourself so you can qualify.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

The greencard lottery is based on birth place, not citizenship. You can also qualify through family/spouses place of birth. There is also no such thing as a green card visa. A greencard is the document that proves you are a permanent resident. TO become a permanent resident you need to be sponsored for one (by a US citizen spouse for instance) or win one in the lottery. Depending on how you get it the card is valid for 2 or 10 years.

Lastly, you are not penalized for being a Brit, you are penalized for not meeting the criteria that the US government wants. Chances are that if you were a US citizen and wanted to move to the UK you would have exactly the same problem.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I also took the time to read your past posts. I'm going to go on a limb and say that you are a perfect candidate for one of these 'visa firms' or the places that have the 'expatriate expos' IN THAT you are wanting to strike out immigrating 'solo'.. without an employer organizing it for you. This unfortunately leaves you wide open for fraud and abuse, so please be careful.

I noticed in your posts about Canada that you included trying to warm your spouse up to the idea of Canada. I'm afraid that almost all the lifestyle questions are moot when it comes to moving to the US, because there are such limited ways in. the same goes for Canada.. the things you were concerned about may not need to be the first things you need to know about.

My advice to you, if you are really that interested in making it happen, is to make the study of this topic your new hobby. When I first got started, I spent all my spare time reading up on it because first I had to learn what it was I didn't know, then I had to learn to filter out that which didn't apply to me, THEN I had to figure out how to do the parts I needed to do. It took me several months, and I'm already American.
I noticed that your posts came in fits and starts. If this is your burning passion to accomplish, you know from your own work that you don't learn a new task in one day, or a few posts. If you are interested in the US lifestyle, IMO, you should be reading that forum every day, even threads you think have nothing to do with you.
You may need to learn a new skill or trade that would give you an 'in'. You can find out if you qualify for the Diversity Lottery, and enter it if you do.

When you narrow things down far enough, you may want to take professional ADVICE. This is part of your learning curve, not to make an application yet. A creative lawyer can help you, but a dishonest one can bleed you dry at that point (and that's more likely to be done by a 'visa agent' or 'service').

In other words, if you're serious about it, you have to get serious. If you aren't interested in doing that, there are all the countries of the EU available to you that are close, open and will give you the expat experience. Don't turn up your nose.. There are plenty of us over here who think that sounds wonderful.

Last edited by meauxna; Dec 24th 2010 at 12:26 am. Reason: can't believe I did that typo
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I also took the time to read your past posts. I'm going to go on a limb and say that you are a perfect candidate for one of these 'visa firms' or the places that have the 'expatriate expos' IN THAT you are wanting to strike out immigrating 'solo'.. without an employer organizing it for you. This unfortunately leaves you wide open for fraud and abuse, so please be careful.

I noticed in your posts about Canada that you included trying to warm your spouse up to the idea of Canada. I'm afraid that almost all the lifestyle questions are moot when it comes to moving to the US, because there are such limited ways in. the same goes for Canada.. the things you were concerned about may not need to be the first things you need to know about.

My advice to you, if you are really that interested in making it happen, is to make the study of this topic your new hobby. When I first got started, I spent all my spare time reading up on it because first I had to learn what it was I didn't know, then I had to learn to filter out that which didn't apply to me, THEN I had to figure out how to do the parts I needed to do. It took me several months, and I'm already American.
I noticed that your posts came in fits and starts. If this is your burning passion to accomplish, you know from your own work that you don't learn a new task in one day, or a few posts. If you are interested in the US lifestyle, IMO, you should be reading that forum every day, even threads you think have nothing to do with you.
You may need to learn a new skill or trade that would give you an 'in'. You can find out if you qualify for the Diversity Lottery, and enter it if you do.

When you narrow things down far enough, you may want to take professional ADVISE. This is part of your learning curve, not to make an application yet. A creative lawyer can help you, but a dishonest one can bleed you dry at that point (and that's more likely to be done by a 'visa agent' or 'service').

In other words, if you're serious about it, you have to get serious. If you aren't interested in doing that, there are all the countries of the EU available to you that are close, open and will give you the expat experience. Don't turn up your nose.. There are plenty of us over here who think that sounds wonderful.
Thanks very much for your formative and honest advice, you are 100% correct and i totally agree with you.